Andrew Agozzino Records 100th Professional Goal
DES MOINES, IA (Nov. 2, 2017) - The San Antonio Rampage (6-2-1-0) fell to the Iowa Wild (3-5-2-1) 3-2 in overtime on Thursday at Wells Fargo Arena.
Alex Grant opened the scoring for Iowa 17:39 into the first period after finding a loose puck in front of the net and sending it past Rampage netminder Spencer Martin, giving the Wild a 1-0 lead heading into the first intermission.
After a scoreless second frame, Jesse Graham tied the game for the Silver and Black at the 9:13 mark of the third period after finishing a pass from Trent Vogelhuber. Andrew Agozzino recorded his 100th professional goal after sending a wrister past Wild goaltender Niklas Svedberg at 10:48, giving the Rampage a 2-1 advantage. Iowa tied the game at the 17:08 mark when Pat Cannone finished a centering pass from Zach Mitchell. The rest of frame went scoreless as the game was forced into overtime.?
The Wild scored the game winner 2:30 into the overtime period as Justin Kloos found a trailing Christoph Bertschy in the slot for his first goal of the season.
Forwards: Defensemen: Goaltenders:
Blais-Thompson-Petryk Butler - Schmaltz Martin
Ranford-Thompson-Kostin Geertsen - Warsofsky Cannata
Colborne-Girard-Vogelhuber Siemens- Graham
San Antonio concludes its two-game series against the Iowa Wild on Friday, Nov. 3 at 7 p.m. at Wells Fargo Arena. Season tickets for the 2017-18 campaign are available and can be purchased by calling a Rampage representative at 210-444-5554 or online at SARampage.com.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from November 3, 2017
- Sound Tigers Meet Bruins - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- AT&T FAN'S CHOICE BOBBLEHEAD PROMOTION RETURNS FOR SECOND STRAIGHT SEASON - Rochester Americans
- Rattie's Hat Trick Leads Condors to Victory - Bakersfield Condors
- Andrew Agozzino Records 100th Professional Goal - San Antonio Rampage
- Bertschy Sinks Rampage in OT - Iowa Wild
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent San Antonio Rampage Stories
- Rampage Collect Point in 3-2 Overtime Loss to Manitoba
- Rampage Sign Defenseman Scott Dornbrock to Amateur Tryout Contract
- Rampage Sign Defenseman Neal Goff to Amateur Tryout Contract
- Rampage Goaltender Ville Husso Recalled to St. Louis
- San Antonio Comes up Short against San Diego 2-1 in Series Finale