Anaheim Ducks Sign Jacob Larsson to Two-Year Contract Extension
SAN DIEGO - The Anaheim Ducks announced today that the National Hockey League (NHL) club has signed defenseman Jacob Larsson to a two-year contract extension through the 2021-22 NHL season.
Larsson, 23 (4/29/97), has recorded 2-14=16 points with 30 penalty minutes (PIM) in 113 career NHL games with the Ducks. The 6-2, 190-pound defenseman appeared in 60 games with Anaheim in 2019-20, earning 2-9=11 points with 12 PIM. He established career highs in points, goals, assists and games, while he scored his first career NHL goal (Alex Stalock), Nov. 5 vs. Minnesota.
Selected by Anaheim in the first round (27th overall) of the 2015 NHL Draft, Larsson has also appeared in 81 career American Hockey League (AHL) games with San Diego, earning 4-21=25 points with a +10 rating and 36 PIM. He recorded 2-5=7 points with a +6 rating and four PIM in 17 career Calder Cup Playoff games with the Gulls.
A native of Ljungby, Sweden, Larsson began his professional career with Frolunda of the Swedish Hockey League (SHL) from 2014-17, helping the club to an SHL championship in 2015-16 and back-to-back Champions Hockey League tournament wins in 2016 and 2017. He also represented Sweden in back-to-back World Junior Championships from 2016-17.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from August 6, 2020
- Anaheim Ducks Sign Jacob Larsson to Two-Year Contract Extension - San Diego Gulls
- Phantoms Sign Two Forwards to AHL Contracts - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent San Diego Gulls Stories
- Irvine Ice Foundation Adds San Diego Jr. Gulls and Lady Gulls Hockey Programs
- Anaheim Ducks Sign Maxim Golod to Three-Year Entry-Level Contract
- Anaheim Ducks Sign De Leo, Welinski, Poturalski and Lettieri to One-Year Contracts
- Anaheim Ducks Select Six Players During Second Day of 2020 NHL Draft
- Anaheim Ducks Select Jamie Drysdale and Jacob Perrault in First Round of 2020 NHL Draft