Anaheim Arsenal Announce 2006 NBA D-League Draft Selections
Anaheim, Calif., November 3, 2006-The Anaheim Arsenal announced their 2006 NBA Development League Draft selections on Friday. After selecting Corsley Edwards as the first pick in team history, the Arsenal announced the remaining nine players selected in the draft.
With the 12th pick in the second round, the Arsenal selected shooting guard Andre Owens from the University of Houston. Owens mostly recently played for the Utah Jazz last season. Then with the first pick in the third round (25th overall) they selected 6-foot-10 power forward Tyler Smith from Penn State.
Since the draft is serpentine, or "snaked," the order was reversed in each of the 10 rounds. For example, after picking first, Anaheim then selected the 24th and 25th picks. Albuquerque selected last in the first round, but first in the second, giving the T-Birds the 12th and 13th overall picks.
A total of 16 players will now be invited to the team's training camp on November 12. The list includes the ten players selected in the draft, along with forward Jawad Williams and guard Justin Johnson, who were selected in the expansion draft. In addition the local allocation and local tryout players, which includes Jerry Dupree, Bryson McKenzie, Kendrick Cornelius and Marvin Phillips will also be given an opportunity to make the final ten-man roster for opening night on November 24.
Following are the complete 2006 NBA D-League draft results for the Anaheim Arsenal:
Rd Name Pos Ht College
1. Corsley Edwards PF 6-9 Central Connecticut State
2. Andre Owens SG 6-4 Houston
3. Tyler Smith PF 6-10 Penn State
4. Greg Clausen PF 6-10 Marquette
5. Carl Edwards SG 6-5 Charleston (WV)
6. Daryl Dorsey PG 6-0 Brevard CC
7. Josh Murray SF 6-7 IUPUI
8. Milone Clark SF 6-4 Tennessee Tech
9. Mo Charlo SF 6-7 Nevada
10. Shawnson Johnson PF 6-9 North Texas
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from November 3, 2006
- Training camp roster set for Stampede - Idaho Stampede
- Arkansas Selects Matt Haryasz with First Round Pick - Arkansas RimRockers
- Corey Santee and Tommy Swanson Allocated to Flyers - Fort Worth Flyers
- Skyforce completes successful draft - Sioux Falls Skyforce
- Anaheim Arsenal Announce 2006 NBA D-League Draft Selections - Anaheim Arsenal
- Tulsa Selects Denham Brown in First Round - Tulsa 66ers
- Thunderbirds Draft Players to Help Defend Title - New Mexico Thunderbirds
- Stampede go big and athletic in draft - Idaho Stampede
- Jam announces draft results - Bakersfield Jam
- D-Fenders Select Devin Green In First Round Of Draft - Los Angeles D-Fenders
- Fort Worth Flyers Complete Draft - Fort Worth Flyers
- Toros Select Washington as First Pick - Austin Spurs
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.