Amerks to Host "Donate Life Night" on Friday, February 12
(Rochester, NY) - The Rochester Americans announced today that the team will host Donate Life Night on Friday, Feb. 12 when the Amerks play the Albany Devils at 7:05 p.m. at The Blue Cross Arena. For the fourth year in a row, the Amerks are partnering with the Finger Lakes Donor Recovery Network (FLDRN) to raise awareness for organ donation.
The Amerks game will provide an opportunity for FLDRN staff, volunteers and members of the Amerks Alumni Association to encourage people to enroll in the New York State Donate Life Registry at www.passlifeon.org to become an organ donor and help save lives. Registered organ donors can purchase tickets to that night's game for just $12 when they "show their heart" on their driver's license at the Box Office. Any fan that signs up to be a donor at the game can receive two complimentary ticket vouchers to a 2015-16 Amerks home game.
Members of the Amerks Alumni Association will be on-hand throughout the evening to speak with fans about the importance of organ donation and encourage fans to sign the New York State Donate Life Registry.
Finger Lakes Donor Recovery Network coordinates organ donation in 20 counties with a population of 2.4 million and serves two transplant centers and 36 hospitals in the Finger Lakes Region, Central and Northern New York. Locally, more than 600 patients are currently waiting for a kidney, heart, liver or pancreas transplant. Hundreds of others will be helped this year by tissue transplants such as cornea, bone, tendon, ligaments and heart valves.
For more information or to purchase tickets to an Amerks game, visit www.amerks.com or call 1-855-GO-AMERKS.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from February 8, 2016
- Rampage Dominate Checkers 5-2 - San Antonio Rampage
- Rampage Power Past Checkers 5-2 - Charlotte Checkers
- Texas Recalls Emil Molin from ECHL - Texas Stars
- Minnesota Recalls Reilly, Assigns Graovac to Iowa - Iowa Wild
- Syracuse Crunch Sign Andrew Yogan to PTO - Syracuse Crunch
- Condors Host $5 Margaritas Mardi Gras Party Tomorrow at Game - Bakersfield Condors
- Weekly News and Notes of the Stockton Heat - Stockton Heat
- Week 18 Recap: Rockford Holds on to Top Spot in Central - Rockford IceHogs
- Ricoh Rock Report - St. John's IceCaps
- Checkers Sign Sean Escobedo to PTO - Charlotte Checkers
- Ontario Reign Weekly: Reign Put Unbeaten Streak on the Line against Pacific-Division Foes - Ontario Reign
- Clinton Comets Heritage Night Planned for February 20 - Utica Comets
- Hershey's Jakub Vrana Named CCM/AHL Player of the Week - Hershey Bears
- Wild Hosts Pink in the Rink this Friday - Iowa Wild
- Hershey's Jakub Vrana Named CCM/AHL Player of the Week - AHL
- Falcons Weekly - Springfield Falcons
- Canes Reassign Ryan Murphy to Charlotte - Charlotte Checkers
- Boston Reassigns Goalie Jeremy Smith to Providence - Iowa Wild
- Amerks to Host "Donate Life Night" on Friday, February 12 - Rochester Americans
- Capitals Re-Assign Carey and Carrick to Hershey - Hershey Bears
- Texas Stars Weekly Update - Texas Stars
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Rochester Americans Stories
- Give the Gift of Hockey with Amerks 65th Anniversary Holiday Packs
- Amerks Partner with T-Mobile for 'Fueling the Frontlines' Community Outreach Initiative
- Sabres Sign Tokarski to Multi-Year Deal
- Cyclones Extend Affiliation Agreement with the Buffalo Sabres & Rochester Americans
- Fogarty Agrees to One-Year Deal with Sabres