Americans Win a Tight Game to Take a 2-1 Series Lead
Salt Lake City, Utah - The Allen Americans rallied in the third period on Wednesday night to beat the Utah Grizzlies by a score of 4-2 at Maverik Center. With the win, Allen now has a 2-1 series lead.
Greger Hanson scored what turned out to be the game-winning goal for Allen in the third period. Hanson scored on a five-minute power play to give the Americans a 3-2 lead. Allen tied the score earlier in the final period on Zach Hall's first of the playoffs.
"That was a big win for us, said Greger Hanson. "We didn't play particularly well and took too many penalties but still came out on top. "Our penalty killers, as well as Riley Gill did a great job, and that was the reason we were able to get away with a W. "
The Americans outshot Utah 32 to 27 for the game. There were 15 power play opportunities in the contest with Utah getting eight of them and Allen seven. The two teams combined for 53 penalty minutes that included two game misconducts. The Americans scored twice with the man-advantage, while Utah was 1 for 8.
The teams resume the series on Friday night at the Maverik Center at 8:00 PM CST. Game 5 will be on Saturday evening.
Allen leads the series tied 2-1
Game 1, Wed, Apr 12, Utah 3 at Allen 4, Final
Game 2, Fri, Apr 14, Utah 4 Allen 1, Final
Game 3, Wed, Apr 19, Allen 4 at Utah 2 Final
Game 4, Fri, Apr 21, Allen at Utah, 8:00 PM
*Game 5, Sat, Apr 22, Allen at Utah, 8:00 PM
*Game 6, Mon, Apr 24, Utah at Allen, 7:05 PM
*Game 7, Tues, Apr 25, Utah at Allen, 7:05 PM
* If necessary
#All times are Central Time
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from April 20, 2017
- Mallards, Iwireless Center Extend Lease - Quad City Mallards
- Monarchs Kelly Cup Playoffs Game Day Capsule - Manchester Monarchs
- The Royal Playoff Road Ahead: Reading Royals at Brampton Beast - Reading Royals
- Komets Clip Mallards in Overtime 4-3 - Fort Wayne Komets
- Americans Win a Tight Game to Take a 2-1 Series Lead - Allen Americans
- Eagles Seize Series Lead over Steelheads - Idaho Steelheads
- Colorado Takes 2-1 Series Lead with 4-2 Victory in Idaho - Colorado Eagles
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.