Americans Take Game Two by a 5-2 Final
(Allen, TX) - The Allen Americans' top line of Bruce Graham, Justin Bowers, and Nino Musitelli combined for 11 points in Allen's 5-2 win over the Odessa Jackalopes on Wednesday night at the Allen Event Center. The Americans now lead the Southern Conference Finals, 2-1, in the best-of-seven series.
Allen jumped out to a 2-0, first period lead with goals from Graham and Musitelli in the first 4:30 of the game. Jeff Pierce cut the deficit to 2-1 on an odd-man rush for Odessa, scoring on a one-timer from the left circle at 9:03.
The American's took over the game in period two with a pair of goals in less than two minutes, late in the frame. Mike Salekin scored on a rebound at 16:48. Then Justin Bowers registered his fourth point of the night with a goal at 18:38 on a wrist shot from the right circle. Allen led, 4-1, after two periods of play.
Pierce scored his second goal of the game on a rebound at 9:39 to cut the deficit to 4-2. Jordie Benn also added a third period goal at 10:16 for Allen.
Game four of the series will be played on Friday at the Allen Events Center with a 7:30 PM puck drop. The action can be heard on Classic Rock 102.1 FM.
• Discuss this story on the Central Hockey League message board...
Central Hockey League Stories from April 14, 2010
- Americans Hand Jackalopes 5-2 Loss to Take 2-1 Series Lead - Allen Americans
- Amateur Corey Laurysen Nets OT Winner as Rush Top Mudbugs 3-2 in Game 3 of Conference Finals - Rapid City Rush
- Rush Again Edge 'Bugs in OT - Bossier-Shreveport Mudbugs
- Americans Take Game Two by a 5-2 Final - Odessa Jackalopes
- Mudbugs Add Goaltender, Amateur Forward - Bossier-Shreveport Mudbugs
- Online Game Worn Jersey Auction Begins Today - Fort Worth Brahmas
- Shots From The Point - CHL
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.