Americans Fall in Game Seven
Boise, Idaho -The Allen Americans, ECHL affiliate of the San Jose Sharks, fell to the Idaho Steelheads in game 7 of the ECHL Mountain Division Semifinals on Wednesday night by a score of 4-1.
Both teams battled back and forth in the first period. The Steelheads had the advantage in shots 12-10. Much like the past two games, the Americans fell into some turnover issues midway through the first period. At 10:03 in the first, the puck was turned over in the defensive zone and Brady Bassart was able to capitalize to put the Steelheads up 1-0.
Both teams came out aggressively in the second period and the game opened up quite a bit compared to the first period. Idaho doubled their lead over the Americans on a miscommunication behind the Allen net leaving Idaho forward Tommy Thompson, wide open in front to extend the lead to 2-0. The score would remain that way heading to the third despite the Americans leading in shots 23-19.
Allen started out the third period fast and controlled the pace of the game. Early in the third, the Americans would finally get on the board to cut the lead in half with Zach Pochiro deflecting in a shot from the point from David Makowski. The Steelheads would go on to score two empty-net goals late in the game and win by a final score of 4-1. Shots were tied 32-32 at the end of regulation.
"It was a tough way to end the season," said Americans forward Spencer Asuchak. "We battled hard and had our chances to tie the score in the third. Give credit to their goalie, he played well and made some big saves in the series."
Stay tuned to the Americans social media outlets for details on the end of the season activities.
Americans Next Home Game
Allen Americans vs. TBD
Venue: Allen Event Center
Watch or Listen Live
ECHL TV - http://echl.neulion.com/echl/home
Mobile App - http://mixlr.com/allen-americans-hockey
Images from this story
Allen Americans and Idaho Steelheads battle in front of the Idaho net
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from April 26, 2018
- Preview of 2018 Kelly Cup Playoffs Division Finals - ECHL
- Schedule Released for Mountain Division Final - Idaho Steelheads
- Colorado Eagles Second Round Playoff Schedule Announced - Colorado Eagles
- Toledo Brings Home Best Ice Award - Toledo Walleye
- Toledo Receives 2017-18 ECHL Best Ice Award - ECHL
- Reverse Sweep - Steelheads Complete Comeback Against - Idaho Steelheads
- Americans Fall in Game Seven - Allen Americans
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Allen Americans Stories
- Americans Bring Back All Star Makowski, Add Rookie Defenseman Breton
- Americans Introduce New Athletic Trainer for the 2018-2019 Season
- Americans Add Talented Forward Ben Duffy
- Americans to Host Team Store Sale Along with Player Announcements this Saturday
- Allen Americans Ice Angels Ready for 10th Anniversary Season