American Association Game Recaps
June 11, 2019 - American Association (AA) News Release
Milwaukee 8, Sioux Falls 3-Box Score
The Milwaukee Milkmen homered three times in an 8-3 route of the Sioux Falls Canaries on Monday.
The Canaries took a 2-0 lead on back-to-back RBI singles by RF Clint Coulter and 2B Alay Lago in the top of the first. The lead grew to 3-0 when 3B Mitch Glasser (2-for-4) hit an RBI double in the next inning to score Sioux Falls' last run of the game.
The Milkmen got on the board in the bottom of the second with a SS Sam Dexter (2-for-4) RBI double. Milwaukee would take their first lead of the game one inning later with CF Nolan Early (2-for-4) and LF Adam Walker (3-for-4) each hitting two-run home runs. Walker would hit another two-run home run in the bottom of the seventh.
SP T.J. House (4-0) earned the win after eating up eight innings for the Milkmen, allowing three runs on seven hits and two walks while striking out five.
Texas 5, Chicago 3-Box Score
SP Kevin Hilton (2-2) led the Texas AirHogs to a win over the Chicago Dogs on Monday.
Hilton gave up just one unearned run on six hits in 7.1 innings of work, striking out six in the process.
1B Chen Junpeng set the tone for the AirHogs offensively, going 2-for-3 at the dish with a solo home run, three runs scored and a walk. 3B Luo Jinjun (two RBIs), C Stephen Haviar, and LF Han Xiao all drove in runners for Texas.
1B Keon Barnum went 2-for-4 at the dish for Chicago.
Sioux City 2, Linclonc 1 (F/12)-Box Score
2B Drew Stankiewicz delivered a walk-off RBI single in the bottom of the 12th to lift the Sioux City Explorers over the Lincoln Saltdogs on Monday.
The Saltdogs scored their only run on a groundout by Cody Regis in the top of the first.
Lincoln's SP Kyle Kinman gave up one run in 7.1 innings of work, striking out five, walking three and allowing four hits. Sioux City's SP Eric Karch gave up one run in seven innings of work, fanning nine while allowing six hits and walking two.
• Discuss this story on the American Association message board...
American Association Stories from June 11, 2019
- American Association Game Recap - AA
- Cleburne Shuffles Roster Ahead of Homestand - Cleburne Railroaders
- Reynolds Returns to Former Team - Kansas City T-Bones
- T-Bones bullpen gains another fresh arm - Kansas City T-Bones
- Five-Run Seventh Powers Birds to Road Win - Sioux Falls Canaries
- 'Cats Sign Chesterton Native Dawson to First Pro Contract - Gary SouthShore Railcats
- Cats Return Home to Princess, Pirates, Rugrats and More - Gary SouthShore Railcats
- X's Walk It off in Extra Inning Thriller - Sioux City Explorers
- 'Dogs Set Franchise Strikeout Record in Extras Loss to X's - Lincoln Saltdogs
- American Association Game Recaps - AA
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.