American Association Game Recap
June 11, 2019 - American Association (AA) News Release
Sioux Falls 11, Milwaukee 3 - Box Score
The Sioux Falls Canaries (14-11) pulled away in the seventh and eighth innings to take an 11-3 win against the Milwaukee Milkmen on Tuesday afternoon.
The Canaries led 4-3 after the sixth inning but put the hammer down in the seventh. LF Kevin Taylor (2-for-4) plated the first run of the rally with an RBI single. After DH Trae Santos scored on a wild pitch, Taylor scored when SS Andrew Ely (2-for-4) singled. C Mike Hart (2-for-5) and CF Brett Vertigan (4-for-5) each added RBI singles to cap the five-run spurt. In the eighth, 2B Alay Lago (2-for-5) doubled home DH Graham Low and then scored when RF Clint Coulter (3-for-4) singled.
For Milwaukee, LF Adam Walker hit his fifth home run of the season and DH Teodoro Martinez, RF Nolan Earley and SS Sam Dexter each added a pair of hits.
• Discuss this story on the American Association message board...
American Association Stories from June 11, 2019
- American Association Game Recap - AA
- Cleburne Shuffles Roster Ahead of Homestand - Cleburne Railroaders
- Reynolds Returns to Former Team - Kansas City T-Bones
- T-Bones bullpen gains another fresh arm - Kansas City T-Bones
- Five-Run Seventh Powers Birds to Road Win - Sioux Falls Canaries
- 'Cats Sign Chesterton Native Dawson to First Pro Contract - Gary SouthShore Railcats
- Cats Return Home to Princess, Pirates, Rugrats and More - Gary SouthShore Railcats
- X's Walk It off in Extra Inning Thriller - Sioux City Explorers
- 'Dogs Set Franchise Strikeout Record in Extras Loss to X's - Lincoln Saltdogs
- American Association Game Recaps - AA
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.