Amarillo Bulls Weekend Preview Versus Corpus Christi
THE TEAMS: Corpus Christi IceRays @ Amarillo Bulls
WHEN: Tomorrow (Friday) night, Saturday at 7:05 pm, Sunday at 4:05 pm
WHERE: Budweiser Bull Pen Amarillo Civic Center
PROMOTIONS: Friday - Fort Night Presented By Hamilton and Grant. Fans can try the game for free, and also participate in dances during the first intermission. It's also the Family Four Pack and Bring A Bud Pack. Saturday - Pucks and Prayers with discounted tickets for Church Youth Groups. Sunday - Buy-One-Get-One Free ticket special.
GOT TICKETS: Purchase your tickets at the Bulls Office located at 301 South Polk, Civic Center Box Office and all Panhandle Ticket locations, including United Supermarkets or by calling 242-1122. Tickets can also be purchased on line at www.panhandletickets.com and www.amarillobulls.com/tickets.
BROADCAST OPTIONS: Tune Into the action live on 107.1 Nash Icon, www.amarillobulls.com/listen and on PPV with Hockey TV, beginning with the Fit Omni Warm Up Show at 6:40 pm Friday and Saturday and 3:40 pm on Sunday.
THE SERIES: It's the fourth, fifth and sixth meetings of the season between the Amarillo Bulls and the Corpus Christi IceRays. The two teams are meeting in three-game weekend series this season as opposed to the traditional two games. The Bulls met the IceRays in Corpus Christi back in November taking five out of a possible six points. Logan Jenuwine and Brenden Datema each have four points respectively, while Cooper Fensterstock, Nick Trela and Nick Anderson each have three. Goaltender Jason Grande has posted two of the three wins in goal, including one by shutout. Blake Bennet has three markers for Corpus Christi, while several players have two points.
BULLISH NUMBERS: The Amarillo Bulls head into play with some amazing numbers including nine wins in a row, a 17-game unbeaten streak (14-0-2-1-) dating back to October 20th and an 11 point lead over second place. In their last four games, the Bulls have averaged at least five goals.
ACROSS THE SOUTH: It's a quiet weekend in the South Division as the Bulls as the IceRays are the only teams that are seeing action, the remainder are not playing. The Bulls have has many as five games in hand on three of the other teams.
STATS, ETC: Corpus Christi has not lost a game this season when trailing after the first or second periods. It's a different story when behind after two period as the IceRays have posted just two wins. Tonight's teams have 35 combined wins when outshooting an opponent (21 Amarillo, 14 Corpus Christi). It's a contrast in penalty minutes, as the IceRays have the fourth most minutes and Amarillo the third least.
• Discuss this story on the North American Hockey League message board...
North American Hockey League Stories from January 3, 2019
- Titans Acquire Mitch Machlitt - New Jersey Titans
- Amarillo Bulls Weekend Preview Versus Corpus Christi - Amarillo Bulls
- NAHL Announces Wilderness Ondrej Trejbal as Defenseman of the Month - Minnesota Wilderness
- Vernon Named NAHL Goaltender of the Month Strada (Forward) & Weigel (Defenseman) Honorable Mention - Aberdeen Wings
- NAHL Announces Monthly Player Awards for December 2018 - NAHL
- Jouppi Named Forward of the Month for December - Bismarck Bobcats
- Weekend Preview - Jamestown Rebels
- Bulls Race Past Pilots, 10-2 - Topeka Pilots
- Quick Hits: NAHL Game 32 Preview - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Knights
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Amarillo Bulls Stories
- Bulls Announce New Office Location
- Carlin Finds Fit with Commitment to Division I Niagara University
- Amarillo Bulls Announce Cancellation of Season and Robertson Cup Playoffs
- Career Night from Shittu Not Enough, Bulls Lose 105-101
- Murtazin Commits to Call Union Future Home