Amarillo Bulls Tender Tabor Heaslip and Oliver Bezick
AMARILLO, TX - While the Amarillo Bulls continue to enjoy one of the best seasons on the ice in nearly six years, preparations have begun for the future.
The Bulls announced today (Wednesday) they have tendered forward Tabor Heaslip and defenseman Oliver Bezick for the 2019-2020 season.
Heaslip, (2001 birthyear) who hails from Fort Worth, Texas, was selected by the Bulls in this past summer's North American Hockey League Draft and had made the team's roster out of Main Camp, but chose to return to school.
Bulls Head Coach Rocky Russo said Tabor is a shifty, fast and highly competitive forward who can play center as well as left wing.
"He decided to attend Avon Old Farms (boarding school in Connecticut) for his senior year of high school," said Russo. "He's got very good grades and is looking at schools that have very high academic opportunities. Tabor and his mom felt that it would be beneficial to him long term. I really like Tabor as a person. He is very mature, humble and a lot of upside from a hockey perspective."
Heaslip spent two seasons with the Dallas Stars U16 program where he notched 50 points in 66 games including 15 goals.
Oliver Bezick, is a 2001 defenseman from Michigan, who is playing for the Honeybaked U18 program in the High Performance Hockey League. Bezick, who stands at 5-11 and 190 pounds, has six points in his first eight games. Russo said that Bezick's defensive side of the game is as elite as it gets, but needs to work on his offense.
"Oliver could play with the current Bulls roster and be highly functioning in the defensive zone," he said. "His offensive side is evolving. His step dad played a number of seasons in the NHL along side Ray Bourque and Paul Coffey and has been a major influence on his development. Oliver is academically extremely gifted with over a 4.0 average."
Hockey returns to the Budweiser Bull Pen in the Amarillo Civic Center this Friday and Saturday when the Bulls host the Lone Star Brahmas at 7 pm. Friday is the arrival of the Grinch and Saturday it's the Toys For Tots Teddy Bear Toss. Tickets are available at the Bulls Office located at 301 South Polk, Civic Center Box Office and all Panhandle Ticket locations including United Supermarkets or online at www.amarillobulls.com/tickets or www.panhandletickets.com.
• Discuss this story on the North American Hockey League message board...
North American Hockey League Stories from December 6, 2018
- Weekend Preview - Jamestown Rebels
- December Promotions with the Steel - Chippewa Steel
- Maryland Black Bears Announce New Front Office Staff - Maryland Black Bears
- Futures/Developmental Camps Set - Maryland Black Bears
- Brahmas Announce Sponsorship Agreement with Pepsi Co. - Lone Star Brahmas
- Toale Commits to Bentley University - Johnstown Tomahawks
- Dalton Weigel Earns NAHL Defenseman of the Month Honors - Aberdeen Wings
- Weekend Preview Bulls Back at Home Taking on Lone Star Brahmas - Amarillo Bulls
- Amarillo Bulls Tender Tabor Heaslip and Oliver Bezick - Amarillo Bulls
- Hawks Continue Winning Streak, Visit Rebels this Weekend - Johnstown Tomahawks
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.