Amarillo Bulls Forward Alex Peterson Chosen as South Division Player of the Week
AMARILLO, TX - The Amarillo Bulls collected three out of a possible four points over the weekend and one of the reasons why was the play of forward Alex Peterson.
The Lansdale PA native was chosen by the North American Hockey League today (Monday) as the South Division Player Of The Week. Peterson had three points and was plus four.
On Friday, Peterson had a goal in a 5-1 win. On Saturday, he assisted on both Amarillo goals in a 3-2 overtime loss. For the season, Peterson is tied for 2nd in team scoring with 44 points.
"Alex has been one our most consistent players all season. He does so much more than produce points for us. He is a top penalty kill forward for us, an alternate captain, and one of the veteran players that has instilled the culture that was necessary for us turn our program around. He will be an outstanding addition to the College of the Holy Cross both in the classroom and on the ice," said Bulls head coach Rocky Russo.
The Divisional Stars of the Week is a weekly feature during the 2018-19 regular season that honors the top performing players in each of the four NAHL divisions. Only players that are nominated by their respective teams are considered for the Divisional Players of the Week award.
It's back on the road for the Amarillo Bulls this coming weekend as they visit the Shreveport Mudbugs at George's Pond Hirsch Coliseum. Tune into the action live on 107.1 Nash Icon, www.amarillobulls.com and on PPV with Hockey TV beginning with the Fit Omni Warm Up Show at 6:45 pm. Denis J. Puska has the hard hitting action at 7:11 pm.
Hockey returns to the Budweiser Bull Pen in the Amarillo Civic Center on Friday, Feb. 22 and Saturday, Feb. 23 when the Amarillo Bulls host the Odessa Jackalopes at 7 pm. Saturday is Merrick Pet Care Pet Night and there will be plenty of prizes as well as booth on the concourse. Tickets are Available at the Bulls Office located at 301 South Polk, Civic Center Box Office and all Panhandle Ticket locations including United Supermarkets or online at www.panhandletickets.com andwww.amarillobulls.com/tickets.
• Discuss this story on the North American Hockey League message board...
North American Hockey League Stories from February 11, 2019
- Rebels Sweep Titans for the First Time this Season - Jamestown Rebels
- Amarillo Bulls Forward Alex Peterson Chosen as South Division Player of the Week - Amarillo Bulls
- Forward Olson Set to Return to Bobcats - Bismarck Bobcats
- Pokorny Named NAHL Central Division Star of the Week Belisle Honorable Mention - Aberdeen Wings
- NAHL Announces Divisional Stars of the Week - NAHL
- Carson Briere Earns Star of the Week Recognition for Third Time this Season - Johnstown Tomahawks
- Kyle McClellan Makes Commitment to Mercyhurst University - Austin Bruins
- Bulls Fall 3-2 in Overtime to Brahmas - Amarillo Bulls
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.