Kyle McClellan Makes Commitment to Mercyhurst University
AUSTIN, Minn. - The Austin Bruins of the North American Hockey League are proud to announce the commitment of goaltender Kyle McClellan to Mercyhurst University.
McClellan, 19, is amidst a strong rookie season for the Bruins, backstopping the black and gold to a record 14-9-0-4 through 28 games. The Manchester, MO, native also boasts the league's fifth-lowest goals-against average at 2.03. Before playing with the Bruins, McClellan honed his skills playing for Carshield AAA near his hometown in Missouri.
'I felt that Mercyhurst was the school that gave me the best opportunity to develop as a player. Throughout the whole process, they showed a really strong commitment to me," said McClellan.
With the commitment, the netminder becomes the eighth rostered Bruins' player to have secured a future at the collegiate level. In addition, McClellan will join fellow Bruin Garrett Dahm at Mercyhurst University in northwestern Pennsylvania and he becomes the second goalie to commit this season following R.P.I.-bound, Brett Miller. Other Bruins with college commitments include Ben Almquist (University of Wisconsin), Dylan Davies (R.P.I), Arvid Henrikson (Lake Superior State), Carson Riddle (Western Michigan) and Levi Stauber (Michigan Tech).
Catch Kyle McClellan and the rest of the Austin Bruins this weekend at Riverside Arena as they welcome the Minot Minotauros to town. Tickets for this weekend's games are on sale now at all the Bruins vendors including Games People Play, Hy-Vee, Holiday Inn, and Jim's Marketplace.
• Discuss this story on the North American Hockey League message board...
North American Hockey League Stories from February 11, 2019
- Rebels Sweep Titans for the First Time this Season - Jamestown Rebels
- Amarillo Bulls Forward Alex Peterson Chosen as South Division Player of the Week - Amarillo Bulls
- Forward Olson Set to Return to Bobcats - Bismarck Bobcats
- Pokorny Named NAHL Central Division Star of the Week Belisle Honorable Mention - Aberdeen Wings
- NAHL Announces Divisional Stars of the Week - NAHL
- Carson Briere Earns Star of the Week Recognition for Third Time this Season - Johnstown Tomahawks
- Kyle McClellan Makes Commitment to Mercyhurst University - Austin Bruins
- Bulls Fall 3-2 in Overtime to Brahmas - Amarillo Bulls
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.