Allen Takes Game Three over Denver, 3-2
DENVER - It was another frantic finish in the final seconds with the extra attacker on the ice, but the Denver Cutthroats came up short in a 3-2 loss to the Allen Americans on Sunday evening at the Denver Coliseum.
The loss puts Denver down, 2-1, in the best-of-seven series. Kale Kerbashian's second period goal held up as the game-winner for the Americans.
The Americans built a 3-1 lead through two as Brian McMillin scored the team's first two goals at 9:46 and 11:34 of the first period, before Kerbashian's goal with 28 seconds left in the second.
Denver's AJ Gale tallied his first of the postseason from the left circle at 7:32 of the second to put Denver on the board. Troy Schwab tipped home an extra attacker goal with 43 seconds left in the third to pull Denver within one.
Kieran Millan took the loss stopping 27-of-30 shots for Denver. Aaron Dell earned his second playoff win, stopping 31 for Allen.
The Americans enjoyed a 2-for-7 night on the power play, while the Cutthroats went 0-for-3.
Game four between the two clubs is Monday at 7:05 PM MST at the Denver Coliseum.
1. Brian McMillin (ALN)
2. AJ Gale (DEN)
3. Aaron Dell (ALN)
• Discuss this story on the Central Hockey League message board...
Central Hockey League Stories from March 31, 2013
- Allen Takes Game Three over Denver, 3-2 - Denver Cutthroats
- Rush Take 2-0 Series Lead Behind Boron's 36 Saves - Rapid City Rush
- Brahmas Take 2-0 Series Lead with 3-2 Overtime Win - Fort Worth Brahmas
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Denver Cutthroats Stories
- Veteran Defenseman Returns to the Denver Cutthroats
- Former Open Tryout Participant Returns to the Denver Cutthroats
- Denver Cutthroats Hold Third Annual Open Tryouts
- Denver Cutthroats Add Two More to 2014-15 Roster
- Two Veterans Add Depth to Cutthroats 2014-15 Roster