Allen Americans Take Playoff Finals Series Lead 2-1
Allen - The Denver Cutthroats headed to Allen, Texas to face off with the Allen Americans for Game Three in the 2014 Playoff Finals. The Americans scored two goals in the third period to defeat the Cutthroats 3-1 and take a 2-1 lead in the Ray Miron Presidents' Cup Finals series.
The opening period was led by an offensive battle with both teams notching a goal less than ten minutes into the game. Daniel Tetrault (Jamie Schaafsma) gave the Allen Americans the opening lead at the 5:20 mark. With a backhanded shot, Denver Cutthroats Kyle Fletcher (Garett Bembridge, Steve Kaunisto) tied the score at one with 12:45 remaining in the period.
For the next 48 minutes, the game focused on defensive action to leave the second period scoreless.
The Allen Americans reclaimed their lead for the second time in the night to shutdown the Denver Cutthroats with the final two goals of the game. Greger Hanson (Ross Rouleau, Mike Berube) gave the Americans a 2-1 lead with a wrap-around shot to the back of the Cutthroats net 14 minutes into the third period. Denver pulled netminder Kent Patterson for an extra attacker with less than two minutes remaining in regulation. Kale Kerbashian (Spencer Asuchak, Brian McMillin) scored on the empty net for Allen's third goal of the night to close out the game. The Americans 3-1 victory over the Cutthroats gives them a 2-1 lead heading into the fourth game in the Ray Miron Presidents' Cup Finals.
The Denver Cutthroats and Allen Americans will play Game Four on Friday, May 9 at the Allen Event Center in Allen, Texas. The puck will drop at 7:05 PM CST. For the latest information, visit DenverCutthroats.com.
Three Stars :
1. Greger Hanson (ALN)
2. Daniel Tetrault (ALN)
3. Kyle Fletcher (DEN)
• Discuss this story on the Central Hockey League message board...
Central Hockey League Stories from May 7, 2014
- Americans Grab 2-1 Finals Lead After 3-1 Victory - Allen Americans
- Allen Americans Take Playoff Finals Series Lead 2-1 - Denver Cutthroats
- Ray Miron Presidents' Cup Game 3 Recap - CHL
- Mallards' Dieude-Fauvel to Play for France at IIHF World Championships - Quad City Mallards
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Denver Cutthroats Stories
- Veteran Defenseman Returns to the Denver Cutthroats
- Former Open Tryout Participant Returns to the Denver Cutthroats
- Denver Cutthroats Hold Third Annual Open Tryouts
- Denver Cutthroats Add Two More to 2014-15 Roster
- Two Veterans Add Depth to Cutthroats 2014-15 Roster