Allemand Posts Record Night against Dallas
BRADENTON, Fla. - In just her third WNBA game, Julie Allemand solidified her name in the Indiana Fever record book. The rookie guard from Belgium tied a franchise record for most assists in a regular season game with 11 in the 76-73 loss against the Dallas Wings.
The Fever (1-2) held a 14-point lead in the third quarter, but 19 points and 10 assists in the second half from rookie forward Satou Sabally helped the Wings snap a four-game losing streak against Indiana. Sabally finished with a game-high 23 points and 17 rebounds.
Indiana's bench aided as much as possible in the first of two matchups this season with Dallas. Stephanie Mavunga tied a career-high 10 points and set a new personal best with eight rebounds in just under 15 minutes of action. Kennedy Burke, who was acquired last season after being waived by Dallas, ended her night with seven points and a career-best six rebounds.
More Fever players moved up the record book on Friday night. In the first half, Natalie Achonwa snagged four rebounds to become the fifth leading rebounder in franchise history. Achonwa left the game in the second quarter due to a right hamstring injury and did not return to the game.
Tiffany Mitchell started where she left off on Wednesday night scoring the first six points of the game for the Fever. Mitchell's 11 points against Dallas moved her to ninth on the franchise scoring list with 1,247 career points in a Fever jersey.
The Fever conclude a five day stretch with three games on Sunday at 3:30 p.m. against the Atlanta Dream. At no cost to fans, Sunday's game can be streamed at FeverBasketball.com, on the Indiana Fever's Facebook page, or via the Fever app.
• Discuss this story on the Women's National Basketball Association message board...
Women's National Basketball Association Stories from July 31, 2020
- Allemand Posts Record Night against Dallas - Indiana Fever
- Postgame Notes: Atlanta Dream 84, New York Liberty 78 - Atlanta Dream
- Liberty Fall to Dream 78-84 in Hard-Fought Team Effort - New York Liberty
- Aces Without Starting Guard Lindsay Allen Tonight Due to "Inconclusive Positive Result" from COVID-19 Test - Las Vegas Aces
- Aces Sign Forward Cierra Burdick - Las Vegas Aces
- Indiana Fever Players Use #FEVER4CHANGE Platform to Support Local Non-Profits - Indiana Fever
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Indiana Fever Stories
- Game Preview: Fever Meet Mystics for Second Time on Sunday Night
- Kelsey Mitchell Reaches Scoring Milestone Friday Night
- Game Preview: Fever and Lynx Tip off Friday Night
- Cox Makes Fever Debut in Loss to Sparks
- Game Preview: Fever and Sparks Set for Late-Night Matchup