Alex Bump Selected by the Philadelphia Flyers at the 2022 NHL Draft
OMAHA, NE. - Alex Bump led the Lancers in the NHL Central Scouting List of North American skaters being ranked at #63. Which was not a surprise with the success Bump had with the Lancers in the beginning and tail end of the 2021-22 season, along with dominate play at Prior Lake High School in Minnesota.
Bump played in a Lancer uniform for the first 14 games of the 2021-22 season, racking up 11 points in the process in the form of six goals and five assists. In doing so, he played a crucial role in the Lancers kicking off the season with an 8-4-2 record heading into Thanksgiving.
After a 4-1 victory on November 13, 2021, in Sioux Falls, Bump returned to his hometown of Prior Lake, Minnesota to lead his high school team, the Prior Lake Lakers through his senior year season.
As captain of the Lakers, the University of Vermont commit averaged 2.68 points per game in 31 games played (48G-35A-83P). The successful play of Bump lead the Lakers to their first ever Minnesota State Hockey Tournament. Prior Lake made it through the quarterfinal round with a 6-0 victory over Cretin-Derham Hall which was a six-point night for Bump (5G-1A-6P). That performance propelled the Lakers to the Minnesota Class AA State Semifinal where they fell to the state runner-up, Maple Grove by a score to 6-2 where Bump snagged a goal in that game as well.
Upon his return to the Lancers on March 18th, 2022, it only took two games for Bump to get back in the swing of the United States Hockey League. Notching a goal in his second game back against the Lincoln Stars.
Throughout the conclusion of the regular season, Bump averaged nearly a point every other game in the form of five goals and one assist through 13 games played, including two multi-point nights.
In the 2022 Clark Cup Playoffs, the stellar play for Bump continued. Tallying three points through four games played, helped push the Lancers to their first playoff series win in over a decade, in a 2-0 series sweep over the Fargo Force. He also played a key role in keeping the Lancers competitive in game one of the Western Conference Semifinals against the regular season champion, Tri-City Storm with picking up a goal and an assist in the 7-4 road loss.
With Bump being drafted by the Philadelphia Flyers, he carries on the Lancers' streak of having a player drafted in the NHL Draft every season since 1991.
• Discuss this story on the United States Hockey League message board...
United States Hockey League Stories from July 8, 2022
- Fourteen Players Selected from National Team Development Program in 2022 NHL Draft - U.S. National Team
- Three Storm Players Selected at 2022 NHL Draft - Tri-City Storm
- Four Players with Steel Ties Selected at 2022 NHL Draft - Chicago Steel
- USHL Finishes 2022 NHL Draft with 57 Players Selected - USHL
- Half-Dozen Lumberjacks Selected in the 2022 NHL Draft - Muskegon Lumberjacks
- Jared Wright Selected by the Los Angeles Kings in the 2022 NHL Draft - Omaha Lancers
- Gucciardi Goes in 7th Round - Waterloo Black Hawks
- Croteau in Montreal's Crease Plan - Waterloo Black Hawks
- Alex Bump Selected by the Philadelphia Flyers at the 2022 NHL Draft - Omaha Lancers
- Six Players Selected from NTDP in 1st Round of 2022 NHL Draft - U.S. National Team
- USHL Completes First Round of NHL Draft with Eight Picks - USHL
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.