AirHogs Re-Sign Kenny Held
GRAND PRAIRIE, Texas - The Grand Prairie AirHogs announced that the team has signed infielder/outfielder Kenny Held to a contract for the 2013 season.
Held played in 40 games for the AirHogs last season, batting .300 with four home runs and 19 RBI. Most of the games he played in the outfield, but had a handful of games behind the plate.
On Sept. 3, 2012, Held did something unique by playing all nine positions at QuikTrip Park. He went 3-for-4 with an RBI at the plate and pitched a 1-2-3 inning to finish the game off. Held started the game behind the plate, worked through the infield first before playing the three outfield positions and finishing on the mound. The AirHogs won the game 8-2 over the Amarillo Sox.
The 2011 American Association Champion Grand Prairie AirHogs open the 2013 season on Friday, May 17 at QuikTrip Park against the 2012 American Association Champion Winnipeg Goldeyes at 7:05 p.m. Check back at the team's official Web site www.airhogsbaseball.com for any other off-season news as develops. For information on 2013 tickets, promotions, advertising, and other opportunities with the AirHogs, check out the Web site as well, or call the QuikTrip Park office at (972) 504-9383.
• Discuss this story on the American Association message board...
American Association Stories from April 19, 2013
- T-Bones Sign Four Players; Release Pitcher Kent - Kansas City T-Bones
- AirHogs Re-Sign Kenny Held - Grand Prairie AirHogs
- Saints Fans Can See Frost on the Field All Season Long - St. Paul Saints
- Sox to host job fair on Saturday May 4th - Amarillo ThunderHeads
- Saints Zer0K Participants Have Extra Week to Get Ready, Running of the Pigs Postponed Until April 27 - St. Paul Saints
- Goldeyes Place Kendall on Waivers - Winnipeg Goldeyes
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Grand Prairie AirHogs Stories
- Weekend Ballpark Parking Announced
- AirHogs Outduel Lemurs
- AirHogs Rally late to Beat ThunderHeads
- Even Year Old Heart Recipient Throws Out Ceremonial First Pitch
- AirHogs Walk Over Lemurs