AirHogs Bring Back Infielder Brian Myrow
GRAND PRAIRIE, Texas - The Grand Prairie AirHogs announced that the team has re-signed Brian Myrow to a contract for the 2014 season.
The veteran had an injury-filled season with Grand Prairie in 2013, playing in 73 games and batting .274 with four home runs and 34 RBI.
Myrow had a spectacular 2012 season that ended with a deserved honor for the Grand Prairie AirHogs veteran, who was named as the first baseman on the American Association's postseason All-Star team.
Myrow started only nine games at first, along with two at second, 23 at third, nine in either right or left and 49 games as the AirHogs' designated hitter, but he was able to fill voids at each position when the AirHogs battled injuries throughout the 2012 season.
But the lefty-swinging Texan did most of his talking in 2012 with his bat, hitting .364 with 12 home runs and 63 RBI. The batting average was good for second in the American Association. Myrow was also tied for third with 31 doubles, second with 75 walks and led the league with 10 intentional walks, tying an American Association record. He also tied the league record for most walks in a game (five) and intentional walks in a game (three) in the 15-inning game that was suspended against El Paso on August 17 and concluded on August 19.
He also hit for the cycle in Laredo on July 10, 2012 - the first AirHog to do so in the team's existence as well as the first time Myrow had done it in his career.
The native of Saginaw, Texas, who played baseball at Burleson High School in the metroplex, also led the league in on-base percentage (.490) and slugging percentage (.608).
Myrow spent parts of three seasons in the Major Leagues, with the Dodgers in 2005 and the Padres in 2007 and 2008. He was with the Winnipeg Goldeyes in 2011 before being acquired by the AirHogs in an offseason trade.
• Discuss this story on the American Association message board...
American Association Stories from May 8, 2014
- 'Dogs Rack up Strikeouts, But Fall to KC in Exhibition - Lincoln Saltdogs
- AirHogs Bring Back Infielder Brian Myrow - Grand Prairie AirHogs
- High Scoring Affair Ends with Becker Walk-Off Homer, Saints Win - Fargo-Moorhead RedHawks
- High Scoring Affair Ends with Becker Walk-Off Homer, Saints Win Exhibition Game 12-11 - St. Paul Saints
- Goldeyes Make First Move of Camp - Winnipeg Goldeyes
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Grand Prairie AirHogs Stories
- Weekend Ballpark Parking Announced
- AirHogs Outduel Lemurs
- AirHogs Rally late to Beat ThunderHeads
- Even Year Old Heart Recipient Throws Out Ceremonial First Pitch
- AirHogs Walk Over Lemurs