AirHogs Acquire Pitcher Brad Furnish
GRAND PRAIRIE, Texas - The Grand Prairie AirHogs announced today that the team has acquired pitcher Brad Furnish from the Kansas City T-Bones in exchange for Jairo Perez. Furnish was 1-0 with a 1.59 ERA in 11.1 innings of work for the T-Bones in 2012.
Furnish was drafted by the St. Louis Cardinals in the second round of the 2006 draft out of Texas Christian University. He posted an 8-6 record with a 4.32 ERA for TCU in 2006. In 100 innings of work, Furnish was credited with 125 strikeouts to go along with 49 walks in 16 starts for the Horned Frogs.
In seven minor league seasons, Furnish has an overall record of 28-29 with a 4.36 ERA. He made it as high as Double-A in the Cardinals farm system when he pitched for Springfield in the Texas League in 2008 and 2009.
Furnish was an all-state pitcher at Allen High School in Allen, Texas. He was honored as the Dallas Morning News Pitcher of the Year in 2003 and was a first-team all-district performer in 2002 and 2003.
• Discuss this story on the American Association message board...
American Association Stories from February 7, 2013
- AirHogs Acquire Pitcher Brad Furnish - Grand Prairie AirHogs
- X's Begin To Re-Sign Core Of 2012 Players - Sioux City Explorers
- Saints Say "Okaerinasai" to Former Major Leaguer Craig Brazell - St. Paul Saints
- RedHawks Sign Tim Alberts - Fargo-Moorhead RedHawks
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Grand Prairie AirHogs Stories
- Weekend Ballpark Parking Announced
- AirHogs Outduel Lemurs
- AirHogs Rally late to Beat ThunderHeads
- Even Year Old Heart Recipient Throws Out Ceremonial First Pitch
- AirHogs Walk Over Lemurs