Ahead of FIFA Club World Cup Debut this Saturday, Sounders FC Reminds Fans How to Tune in and Support the Rave Green
February 1, 2023 - Major League Soccer (MLS) - Seattle Sounders FC News Release
SEATTLE, WASH.- As Seattle Sounders FC looks toward its first match of the FIFA Club World Cup this Saturday, February 4, the club is sharing the various ways to take in the match and support the Rave Green in a major moment of team history. Additionally, Sounders FC reminds fans and media that FIFA has adjusted Saturday's kickoff time to 9:00 a.m. PT, having previously been announced as 9:30 a.m. PT.
Seattle is the first-ever MLS club to take part in the prestigious tournament, having qualified after claiming the Concacaf Champions League title last May. The Rave Green face Egyptian side Al Ahly SC on Saturday, and the stakes are high: with a victory, Sounders FC would advance to play Spanish powerhouse Real Madrid on February 8.
For those local to Seattle wishing to take in the big game amongst other likeminded soccer fans, Sounders FC's official FIFA Club World Cup watch party is taking place at the Seattle Center Armory (305 Harrison Street, Seattle, WA 98109). The event is free and open to the public, butfans are encouraged to RSVP in advance here. Entry is provided on a first-come, first-served basis beginning at 8:00 a.m. PT and continuing until The Armory reaches capacity.
A range of family-friendly pre-match entertainment is planned, along with beloved Sounders FC matchday traditions including a performance by SoundWave, Boom Boom Clap and the announcement of starting lineups.
More information regarding Sounders FC's official watch party can be found at SoundersFC.com/CWC-Watch-Party.
For audiences in the Seattle-Tacoma market, Sounders FC's proud partner FOX 13 Seattle is ensuring that fans have an over-the-air option for watching the game locally. Fans can tune-in on FOX 13+ (KZJO, cable 10 / channel 22 OTA) to catch all the action. Seattle University Men's Soccer Head Coach and Sounders FC radio broadcaster Pete Fewing is joining FOX 13 to help provide halftime analysis on Saturday.
Outside of FOX 13+'s broadcast area, the match is being carried live nationally on FS2 and FOX Deportes, as well as streaming on the FOX Sports app.
Sounders FC is thrilled to see the Rave Green represented by fans traveling to Morocco for the tournament. At this time, 300 tickets to Saturday's match have been purchased through the club. Fans making the trip who secured their tickets through Sounders FC should expect further details communicated to them via email this week, including information concerning ticket pickup, transportation and gathering spots in Tangier.
Should Seattle advance on Saturday, any fans that filled out the Sounders FC Club World Cup interest form will receive an offer to purchase tickets for the Semifinal match against Real Madrid, being played on February 8. Those hoping to travel to Morocco in the event of Sounders FC playing in the Semifinal who did not previously fill out an interest form should contact the club at CustomerService@SoundersFC.com to receive potential ticketing information.
For more information and storylines regarding Sounders FC's berth in the FIFA Club World Cup, please visit SoundersFC.com.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from February 1, 2023
- 'Caps draw 1-1 with D.C. United in first match of Coachella Valley Invitational - Vancouver Whitecaps FC
- FC Cincinnati Defeat USF 3-0 in Preseason Friendly - FC Cincinnati
- Victor Fung Called up by Canadian U-17 National Team for Concacaf U-17 Championship - Inter Miami CF
- Ahead of FIFA Club World Cup Debut this Saturday, Sounders FC Reminds Fans How to Tune in and Support the Rave Green - Seattle Sounders FC
- Charlotte FC Earns a 3-2 Win over D.C. United at Coachella Invitational - Charlotte FC
- LAFC Transfers Cristian Arango to Club de Fútbol Pachuca in Liga MX - Los Angeles FC
- Austin FC Academy Midfielder Micah Burton Called up to U.S. U-17 Men's Youth National Team - Austin FC
- Four CF Montréal Academy Players Called up by Canada's U17 Team - Club de Foot Montreal
- Inter Miami CF Selects CHEQ as the Official Point of Sale & Social Gifting Partner for DRV PNK Stadium - Inter Miami CF
- MLS Season Pass Is Now Available Worldwide on the Apple TV App - MLS
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Seattle Sounders FC Stories
- Sounders FC Falls 1-0 at Home Wednesday Evening to San Jose
- Sounders FC Hosts the San Jose Earthquakes Wednesday Night at Lumen Field
- Sounders FC Announces Special Event Details Surrounding Saturday's Exciting Doubleheader Experience
- Sounders FC Captures Three Points with 1-0 Home Win Over the New York Red Bulls
- Sounders FC Hosts New York Red Bulls Saturday Night at Lumen Field