Admirals' Season Comes to An End in Texas
Cedar Park, TX-Kevin Henderson scored the lone goal for the Admirals as they dropped a 2-1 decision to the Texas Stars on Friday night and lost their Western Conference Quarterfinal Series three games to one.
Milwaukee managed just one goal in the final two games in what became the lowest scoring series (12) in Admirals playoff history.
Texas got on the board first when Matt Fraser scored his second of the series at 10:14 of the first. Fraser took a feed in the slot from Colton Sceviour and beat Ads goalie Magnus Hellberg low glove side.
The Stars pushed their lead to two when Alex Chaiasson redirected a shot from Kevin Connouton just 1:29 into the second period.
Kevin Henderson broke a five-period scoreless drought for the Admirals at 1:40 of the third period. Henderson carried the puck into the Stars zone and dropped a pass to Taylor Beck. Beck's shot was stopped by Texas goalie Cristopher Nilstorp, but the rebound went right to Henderson and he buried it.
The Admirals threw the kitchen sink and more at Nilstorp the rest of the game, outshooting the Stars 18-8 in the third period, but they couldn't come up with the equalizer and saw their season come to an end.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from May 3, 2013
- Texas Stars Advance to Second Round with 2-1 Win over Milwaukee - Texas Stars
- Aeros Force Game 5 with 4-1 Win - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Admirals' Season Comes to An End in Texas - Milwaukee Admirals
- Barons Rout Checkers to Force Game 5 - Charlotte Checkers
- Aeros Force Game 5 with 4-1 Victory over Griffins - Houston Aeros
- Eastern Conference Semifinal Tickets on Sale Monday - Syracuse Crunch
- Bears Sign Defenseman Jaynen Rissling to Tryout Agreement - Hershey Bears
- Crunch Defeat Pirates in Overtime, Sweep Series - Portland Pirates
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Milwaukee Admirals Stories
- Admirals Hammer IceHogs
- Admirals Fall Late to Wild
- Russell Dickerson to Perform Post-Game Saturday Night
- Admirals Fend off Moose
- Admirals Shutout by Moose