Admirals Fall to Rays 3-1 Sunday Afternoon
Charleston, SC.- South Carolina scored three straight goals on Sunday afternoon as they topped the Admirals 3-1 at North Charleston Coliseum.
Ty Reichenbach made 44 saves on 47 shots in the loss. The Admirals fell to 16-21-5-1 on the season.
17 minutes into the first period Darik Angeli walked into the offensive zone and snapped a shot from the top of the left circle that zipped into the top left corner, giving the Admirals a 1-0 lead.
Kelly Zajac knotted the game up at the 7:20 mark of the second. The forward stepped out from the right post and took a shot that rolled up and over Ty Reichenbach, before falling into the back of the net. Six minutes later the Stingrays struck again to take a 2-1 lead. Tim McGauley took a shot from the left circle that beat Reichenbach low to the far side at the 13:19 mark, giving the Rays a 2-1 lead.
South Carolina jumped right back on the scoreboard at the start of the third period. Marcus Perrier took the puck off the opening faceoff, sent a shot past Reichenbach, pushing the lead to 3-1. Norfolk would get three chances on the power play in the third but were unable to score as the Stingrays topped the Admirals 3-1 on Sunday afternoon.
Ty Reichenbach, named third star of the game, finished with 44 saves on 47 shots in the loss. Adam Carlson made 25 saves on 26 shots in the victory. Norfolk ended the night 0-for-4 on the man-advantage.
The Admirals wrap up a five-game road trip on Tuesday against South Carolina.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from January 29, 2018
- INDY FUEL PIT STOP Weekly: WEEK 16 - Indy Fuel
- DeSalvo Loaned to Tulsa from Hartford Wolf Pack - Tulsa Oilers
- Admirals Weekly: January 29, 2018 - Norfolk Admirals
- Week 16 Yields Four Points, Rush Visit Friday - Fort Wayne Komets
- GAMES I Batman-Themed Jerseys this Friday - Wichita Thunder
- $1 Hot Dogs on Tuesday Jan 30 | $1 Beer on Wednesday Jan 31 - Tulsa Oilers
- SKAPSKI, DZIERKALS LIFT SOLAR BEARS PAST GLADIATORS - Orlando Solar Bears
- Monarchs Fall to Nailers, 4-2 - Manchester Monarchs
- Indy Completes Weekend Sweep with Second Straight Triumph in Kalamazoo - Indy Fuel
- Game Recap: WINGS DROP SECOND STRAIGHT TO FUEL - Kalamazoo Wings
- Nailers Pull into First Place Tie - Wheeling Nailers
- Railers win come from behind thriller 3-2 in front of 4,754 fans at DCU CenterÂ - Worcester Railers HC
- Admirals Fall to Rays 3-1 Sunday Afternoon - Norfolk Admirals
- Beast Drop Third Straight Overtime Game - Brampton Beast
- De Haas Scores Final Two Goals to Complete OT Victory over Beast, 4-3 - Reading Royals
- Game Day: Three-In-Three Weekend Ends in South Carolina - Norfolk Admirals
- Reading Heads to Brampton Amidst Heated Division Race - Reading Royals
- Weekly Sports League and Franchise Report - OSC Original by Dan Krieger
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.