Adirondack Defeats Newark 5-3 Game 1 of Double Header
Shane Allen went 3-3 at the plate, sparking the Adirondack Trail Blazers (15-23) to a 5-3 victory in seven innings over the Newark Pilots (15-24) on Tuesday at Robert Smith Sports Complex .
He tripled in the second innings, singled in the fourth inning, and doubled in the sixth inning. Kyle Bartelman was hot from the plate for the Newark Pilots. Bartelman went 2-3 and scored one run. He tripled in the second inning and singled in the fourth inning.
Zach Crim recorded his fifth win of the year for the Adirondack Trail Blazers. He allowed two runs over six innings. He struck out two, walked one and surrendered seven hits.
Clayton Spiker (2-5) took the loss for the Newark Pilots. He lasted just six innings, walked four, struck out seven, and allowed five runs.
• Discuss this story on the Perfect Game Collegiate Baseball League message board...
Perfect Game Collegiate Baseball League Stories from July 21, 2015
- Pioneers Take 5-4 Win with Dramatic 9th Inning Comeback - Elmira Pioneers
- Albany Walks Off in Opener, Drops Game Two - Albany Dutchmen
- Mohawk Valley Wins Wild One Over Glens Falls - Glens Falls Dragons
- Adirondack Defeats Newark 5-2 Game 2 - Adirondack Trail Blazers
- Glens Falls Dragons Part Ways with Johnston Hobbs - Glens Falls Dragons
- Adirondack Defeats Newark 5-3 Game 1 of Double Header - Adirondack Trail Blazers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.