Aces rout Dillas
Amarillo, Texas - July 4, 2008 - The Aces did not have to wait until the end of the game to see fireworks as Alexandria defeated the Amarillo Dillas 17-3 putting together a season-high 24 hits Friday night at the Amarillo National Bank Dilla Villa. The Aces jumped out to an early 4-0 lead by sending nine batters to the plate in the first. Rafael Ozuna drove in a couple with a two-run single in the inning and Jose Umbria had an RBI single as well. The Aces kept the pressure on by scoring two more in the second on a two-run triple to right-center by Ozuna. Ozuna ended the game 3-5 with five RBI. In the third, Alexandria poured it on some more with four additional runs. Eddie Fitzpatrick had a two-run single and scored on a single by Luis Guance. Then, Selwyn Langaigne doubled Guance home, giving the Aces a 10-2 lead. The Aces scored five more runs in the fourth. Bryan Sabatella hit his eighth homer of the year in the fourth. Ozuna and Andre Marshall each had RBI singles in the inning. The Aces scored in their fifth consecutive inning with Homy Ovalles hitting his fourth homer of the year, a solo shot. Aces starter Alejandro Martinez was able to cruise to his third victory of the year. The right-hander went seven innings and gave up three runs while striking out three. The lone bright spot for the Dillas was Jonathan Reynoso hitting his third homer of the series with a solo blast in the third. The Aces will finish their four-game series with the Dillas Saturday as the Aces' Ramon Portillo will face Ronald Lowe of the Dillas. Game time is 7:05 PM.
• Discuss this story on the United League Baseball message board...
United League Baseball Stories from July 4, 2008
- Broncos provide plenty of offense in win - Laredo Broncos
- Broncos Fireworks Beat WhiteWings - Rio Grande Valley WhiteWings
- Aces rout Dillas - Alexandria Aces
- Fourth of July game between Colts and Coyotes Rained Out - ULB
- Coyotes and Colts Cancelled - Edinburg Roadrunners
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Alexandria Aces Stories
- Aces Announce Kisatchie National Forest/Smokey the Bear Aces Team Photo Night
- Aces Announce City of Pineville's Free Admission "Pack the Park"
- Aces Game Tonight Canceled
- Aces Announce Louisiana Lottery Shirt-Off-Our-Back Night Tomorrow
- Free Aces General Admission Tickets Tuesday, July 24th