Aces pound Coyotes
Alexandria, La. - June 6, 2008 - Alexis Sosa struck out a season-high 14 as the Alexandria Aces defeated the Edinburg Coyotes 9-1 at Bringhurst Field Friday night. Sosa had his best outing of the year as he went seven innings giving up an unearned run on six hits while walking three and fanning 14. The Aces also hit three home runs Friday. The Aces got on the board in the third as Selwyn Langaigne hit a two-run homer to right giving the Aces a 2-0 lead. The Aces added to their lead with a five-run fifth. After Patrick O'Sullivan was intentionally walked to put runners on first and second, Palmer Karr Jr. hit a three-run home run down the left-field line. Then, Luis Guance followed with a solo shot of his own as the Aces went back-to-back. Ronald Ramirez and Alejandro Martinez each made their Aces debut Friday night. Each gave up one hit and did not allow a run in one inning, while striking out two. The Aces and Coyotes will finish their three-game series Saturday as Angel Guzman pitches for the Aces against the Coyotes' Aaron Guerra. Game time is 7:05 PM.
Next home game: Saturday June 6th vs. Edinburg. Burger King Night. Free mugs courtesy of Burger King.
• Discuss this story on the United League Baseball message board...
United League Baseball Stories from June 6, 2008
- Aces pound Coyotes - Alexandria Aces
- Lutz comes up big in loss - Rio Grande Valley WhiteWings
- Coyotes lose sixth straight - Edinburg Roadrunners
- Broncos blow five run lead - Laredo Broncos
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Alexandria Aces Stories
- Aces Announce Kisatchie National Forest/Smokey the Bear Aces Team Photo Night
- Aces Announce City of Pineville's Free Admission "Pack the Park"
- Aces Game Tonight Canceled
- Aces Announce Louisiana Lottery Shirt-Off-Our-Back Night Tomorrow
- Free Aces General Admission Tickets Tuesday, July 24th