Aces can't complete comeback
San Angelo, Texas - July 1, 2008 - The San Angelo Colts used another big inning to beat the Alexandria Aces 10-9 Tuesday at Foster Field. The Colts scored six runs in the sixth. With the Colts trailing 5-4, San Angelo took the lead on a three-run homer by Andres Rodriguez. Bryan Frichter added an RBI single and Wyn Diggs hit his second home run of the series, a two-run shot, to end the inning with the Colts leading 10-5. Trailing 10-6 going into the ninth, the Aces nearly staged a comeback scoring three. After a walk to Selwyn Langaigne and a single by Palmer Karr Jr., Bryan Sabatella singled home Langaigne. Three batters later, Andre Marshall hit a two-run double pulling the Aces within one. After a Madison Edwards hit an infield single, Homy Ovalles popped out to first to end the game. The Aces scored first in the second inning when Rafael Ozuna doubled home Karr. Jose Umbria followed when he hit a groundball to third and Sabatella slid ahead of the tag at home to give the Aces a two-run advantage. In the third, with the Aces leading 2-0, Sabatella and Ozuna hit back-to-back solo homers to give the Aces a 4-0 lead. The Aces will travel to Amarillo to take on the Dillas for a four-game series starting Wednesday. The first game of the series will determine the final playoff spot from the first half. Amarillo has already clinched home-field advantage. If the Aces win, they will get the 2-seed. If the Dillas win, that spot will go to the Colts. Game time is 7:05 PM.
Next home game: Sunday, July 6th vs. Edinburg. Wendy's, KSYL, and KDBS Best Family Deal Ever.
• Discuss this story on the United League Baseball message board...
United League Baseball Stories from July 1, 2008
- Colts batter Aces bullpen to take series - San Angelo Colts
- Aces can't complete comeback - Alexandria Aces
- 'Wings lose in slugfest - Rio Grande Valley WhiteWings
- Coyotes fall in five - Edinburg Roadrunners
- Rain shortned win for Broncos - Laredo Broncos
- Dillas, Aces to Finish First Half on July 2 - Amarillo Dillas
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Alexandria Aces Stories
- Aces Announce Kisatchie National Forest/Smokey the Bear Aces Team Photo Night
- Aces Announce City of Pineville's Free Admission "Pack the Park"
- Aces Game Tonight Canceled
- Aces Announce Louisiana Lottery Shirt-Off-Our-Back Night Tomorrow
- Free Aces General Admission Tickets Tuesday, July 24th