Aces beat down Broncos, 19-4
Alexandria, La. - May 28, 2008 - The Alexandria Aces beat the Laredo Broncos 19-4 Wednesday night at Bringhurst Field thanks to a nine-run, two-out rally in the fifth inning. After Luis Guance and Madison Edwards both got out to lead off the inning, the Aces scored nine straight runs. Broncos reliever Dan Sausville walked the bases loaded and hit Homy Ovalles to force home a run. Selwyn Langaigne then hit a three-run single off the wall in right. Two-run doubles by Edwards and Jose Umbria highlighted the rest of the inning. Bryan Sabatella hit two homers in the game as well. Both were solo shots in the third and seventh innings. New father Guance also hit a homer in the seventh, a two-run blast. Aces starter Chad Linder earned his first win of the year striking out in six innings. The Aces and Broncos finish their series on Thursday with game time scheduled to be 7:05 PM.
Next home game: Thursday May 29th vs. Laredo. Louisiana Lottery Shirt Off Our Back Night, Toyota Tundra and Q93 Thirsty Thursday and Budweiser and Q93 Party on the Patio.
• Discuss this story on the United League Baseball message board...
United League Baseball Stories from May 28, 2008
- Aces beat down Broncos, 19-4 - Alexandria Aces
- Dillas Blast Seven Home Runs, Crush Colts 13-1 - San Angelo Colts
- Broncos Pitching Roughed up by Alexandria Aces in Loss - Laredo Broncos
- Charity Night a Success - Edinburg Roadrunners
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Alexandria Aces Stories
- Aces Announce Kisatchie National Forest/Smokey the Bear Aces Team Photo Night
- Aces Announce City of Pineville's Free Admission "Pack the Park"
- Aces Game Tonight Canceled
- Aces Announce Louisiana Lottery Shirt-Off-Our-Back Night Tomorrow
- Free Aces General Admission Tickets Tuesday, July 24th