2020-2021 Player Development Update
Medicine Hat, AB - The Western Hockey League announced Friday that the WHL Board of Governors have made a commitment to play a WHL 2020-21 Regular Season. The health and safety of our fans, players and staff will continue to be our first priority.
While the Medicine Hat Tigers are committed to playing this season, our dedication to the development of our players and doing what is best for them and their playing careers also remains paramount.
For this reason, the Tigers have released forward Cole Sillinger to the Sioux Falls Stampede of the USHL. Sillinger will return to Medicine Hat at the conclusion of the 2020-2021 season.
"Each situation is unique and with Cole having dual citizenship it was felt that this option would give him the best ability to showcase his talent for upcoming NHL Draft." says General Manager Willie Desjardins.
Once clearances have been given from the provincial health authorities, the 2020-21 Regular Season schedule will be released.
• Discuss this story on the Western Hockey League message board...
Western Hockey League Stories from January 13, 2021
- 8 Americans Alumni Named to NHL Opening Night Rosters - Tri-City Americans
- 2020-2021 Player Development Update - Medicine Hat Tigers
- 139 WHL Alumni Named to NHL Opening Night Rosters & Taxi Squads - WHL
- Dustin Wolf Earns Gold Medal with Team USA Victory over Canada at World Junior Championships - Everett Silvertips
- 14 former Rockets on NHL opening night rosters, six on taxi squads - Kelowna Rockets
- Pats Alumni Ready for NHL Season - Regina Pats
- Three Former Chiefs on NHL Opening Night Rosters, More on Taxi Squads - Spokane Chiefs
- Chiefs Announce Player Development Updates for 2020-21 Season - Spokane Chiefs
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.