Warriors Fall to Blue
OKLAHOMA CITY, Okla. - The Santa Cruz Warriors (25-18) fell to the Oklahoma City Blue (30-14) 123-98 on Tuesday night at Cox Convention Center.
Damian Jones, on assignment from the Golden State Warriors, led Santa Cruz with 20 points and 5 rebounds. Scott Wood contributed 18 points, while LaDontae Henton added 13 points and 8 rebounds off the bench. James Southerland notched a double-double with 12 points and 12 rebounds.
Oklahoma City was paced by Reggie Williams who led all scorers with 23 points. Daniel Hamilton notched a double-double with 19 points and 10 rebounds, while Dakari Johnson added 18 points and 9 rebounds. Boubacar Moungoro came off the bench to contribute 14 points for Oklahoma City.
The Warriors jumped out to a quick advantage in the opening frame, going on a 7-0 run to lead by 8 points four minutes into the period. The Blue swiftly responded by outscoring the Warriors 21-9 through the remainder of the quarter. Daniel Hamilton scored 14 points and grabbed 5 rebounds in the opening frame, fueling the Blue's 26-22 lead at the end of the period.
The Blue continued to carry the momentum through the beginning of the second period to lead by as many as 12 points. The Warriors would go on an 8-2 run to come within a possession of the Blue, but would enter the break trailing 55-47.
Oklahoma City expanded their lead to 17 points in the third frame, holding a two-possession lead or more through the period, while forcing 7 turnovers from Santa Cruz. Heading into the final period, the Blue held a 15-point lead.
In the fourth quarter, the Blue would lead the Warriors by as many as 21 points while outscoring the visitors 34-24 in the frame to sweep the season series 4-0.
The Santa Cruz Warriors will return home to celebrate Casey Hill Bobblehead Night on Mar. 17 as they host the Texas Legends in the first game of a weekend double-header. The first 1,500 fans in attendance will receive a Casey Hill Bobblehead courtesy of Awe Sum Organics. Tickets are still available to attend the game and can be purchased at the Santa Cruz Warriors' headquarters at 903 Pacific Avenue, online at www.santacruzbasketball.com or over the phone at (831) 713-4400. Fans can also catch the game on Facebook Live by visiting the Santa Cruz Warriors' Facebook page at tip-off.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from March 15, 2017
- Energy Take on D-Fenders for Tenergy Madness - Iowa Wolves
- Cavs Assign Larry Sanders to Canton Charge - Canton Charge
- Warriors Fall to Blue - Santa Cruz Warriors
- Charge Win Eighth Straight - Canton Charge
- Spurs Sports & Entertainment Announces Comprehensive Strategic Partnership with Methodist Healthcare - Austin Spurs
- Cavs Assign Kay Felder to Canton Charge - Canton Charge
- John Jenkins Ties Westchester Knicks' All-Time Points Record in Loss to Long Island Nets - Westchester Knicks
- Rio Grande Valley Vipers' Hairston Suspended - Rio Grande Valley Vipers
- Wednesday's Game Between The Maine Red Claws And Grand Rapids Rescheduled - Grand Rapids Drive
- Wednesday's Game in Grand Rapids Postponed - Maine Red Claws
- Coach Peterson Returns from Medical Leave of Absence - Erie BayHawks
- Wednesday's Game Between the Maine Red Claws and Grand Rapids Rescheduled - G League
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.