Rainmen Draft Former Axemen All-Star
(Halifax, N.S.) The Halifax Rainmen drafted 6'10" player Walter Moyse (Nov. 27, 1981) with their first Premier Basketball League pick in the entry draft today in Chicago, IL. Moyse will play power forward and centre for Atlantic Canada's only professional basketball team.
Moyse most recently played with the Villars Basket in Villars-sur-Glane, Switzerland where he led the team in both scoring and rebounds during the 2007-2008 season. Before heading overseas, he played with the Acadia Axemen where he was named second team all-star in 2004 and joined the coaching staff in 2005.
"Moyse is a great pick," said Rainmen owner Andre Levingston. "He is very athletic for his size; he runs the floor well and finishes around the basket. Moyse is a player with length that will beat most big men down the floor."
Rainmen head coach Rick Lewis believes that Moyse will help the Rainmen defensively as well. "He uses his size to block shots very well. He's a well rounded player who will add a lot to our line-up."
Moyse will join the Rainmen in Halifax next week.
Premier Basketball League Stories from October 16, 2008
- Manchester Millrats Select Sam Carey with Sixth Pick in PBL Draft - Saint John Riptide
- Frost Heaves pick John Bryant with first round pick - Vermont Frost Heaves
- Detroit Panthers select Willie Mitchell number one in PBL draft - PBL
- Battle Creek Knights Select Kenny Langhorne with 9th pick and Duke Cleveland with 18th pick - Battle Creek Knights
- RazorSharks use draft pick to select local talent, trade second round selection - Rochester RazorSharks
- Rainmen Draft Power Forward With Second Pick - Halifax Rainmen
- Rainmen Draft Former Axemen All-Star - Halifax Rainmen
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.