Mavericks Roster Set at 20 to Start 2013-14 SeasonOctober 18, 2013 - Central Hockey League (CHL) Missouri Mavericks
Forward Tyler Currier, who suffered a lower body injury last week, has been placed on the Mavericks' injured reserve.
After five months of recruiting and evaluating available talent and hosting a vigorous, but short training camp, Head Coach Scott Hillman feels very good with the 20 man roster the Mavericks will start the season with tomorrow night. " The boys really put their blood and sweat into earning spots on this team. The chemistry is coming together and they are starting to gel. We believe we have depth and scoring that will come from all three lines and we have a strong group of defensemen that can really play a dynamic game."
The Mavericks will continue to carry three goaltenders through the first five games of the season before they make the cut to two. "We have confidence in our three young goaltenders and that situation will work itself out over the first few weeks of the season," said Hillman.
The Mavericks play their first home game on November 2. Individual tickets and Season tickets are on sale now. With season tickets starting at just over $11 per game and FREE parking, the Mavericks are the pinnacle of family affordable entertainment.
Central Hockey League Stories from October 18, 2013
- Cutthroats Win Season Opening Game - Denver Cutthroats
- Oilers Stifled in 4-1 Opening Night Loss - Tulsa Oilers
- Sundogs Drop Season Opener Despite Four Goals - Arizona Sundogs
- Thunder Lose Home Opener 2-1 to Rapid City - Wichita Thunder
- CHL Board of Governors Vote on Player Safety Rule - CHL
- Mavericks Roster Set at 20 to Start 2013-14 Season - Missouri Mavericks
- Shots from the Point for October 18, 2013 - CHL
- Tulsa Oilers Unveil Opening Night Roster - Tulsa Oilers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.