Reign FC Acquire Forward Jessica McDonaldJune 28, 2013 - National Women's Soccer League (NWSL) Seattle Reign FC
Prior to joining Reign FC, McDonald made nine appearances for Chicago this year, grabbing one assist. Prior to joining the Red Stars McDonald played in the Australian W- League for the Melbourne Victory, where she scored 7 goals in 13 matches during the 2012/2013 season. In 2010 McDonald played for Chicago in the WPS, where she was teammates with Reign FC forward Megan Rapinoe. McDonald played her college soccer at the University of North Carolina and was a member of the U-23 US Women's National Team.
"We are still searching for goals, so we are hopeful Jessica will give us another scoring option," said Head Coach and GM Laura Harvey. "We think she'll be a good fit in our system and should be capable of making a positive impact."
Height: 5' 10"
Hometown: Glendale, AZ
College: University of North Carolina
Pending league approval, McDonald will be available for selection in Seattle's match this weekend against the Chicago Red Stars. The match will take place on Saturday, June 29 at 8 p.m. at Starfire Sports.
In order to make room for McDonald on the roster, Seattle has waived backup goalkeeper Haley Kopmeyer.
"Haley has been a fantastic member of our team," said Reign FC Head Coach Laura Harvey. "She has really pushed herself to become better and I believe she has a great future ahead of her."
National Women's Soccer League Stories from June 28, 2013
- Reign FC Partners with You Can Play in Support of Equality In Sports - Seattle Reign FC
- Lloyd's Hat Trick Paces Flash to Shutout - Western New York Flash
- Spirit Fall at Western New York, 4-0 - Washington Spirit
- Seattle Reign FC Returns Home to Face Red Stars After Successful Road Trip - Seattle Reign FC
- Reign FC Acquire Forward Jessica McDonald - Seattle Reign FC
- FC Kansas City Prepares For Prominent Rematch - FC Kansas City
- Red Stars Take on Reign FC in Seattle Saturday - Chicago Red Stars
- In a Flash: WNY vs Washington - Western New York Flash
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.