CT Tigers Announce Opening Day RosterJune 17, 2013 - New York-Penn League (NYPL) Connecticut Tigers
Tonight is Opening Day at Dodd Stadium. Red Sox Hall of Famer, Bernie Carbo makes a special guest appearance. Tonight is "Kids Eat Free" presented by US Foods & The Day. The first 4,000 fans through the gates will receive a 2013 Magnet Schedule. There is also a Post-Game Fireworks show.
OF Ben Verlander who was drafted in the 14th round of the 2013 draft of Old Dominion University. Ben is the younger brother of Detroit Tigers RHP Justin Verlander. Ben had a batting average of .367 with 11 homeruns and 37 RBIs.
Manager, Andrew Graham returns for his third season with the Tigers. In his first two seasons, Graham has a record of 74 wins and 75 losses with the Tigers.
New York-Penn League Stories from June 17, 2013
- Crosscutters Begin 2013 With A Win - Williamsport Crosscutters
- Strong Pitching, Solid Hitting Defeats Scrappers in Opener - Mahoning Valley Scrappers
- Spikes Fall to Crosscutters, 4-2, as Club Celebrates Millionth Fan - State College Spikes
- Renegades Begin Title Defense with 5-0 Win - Hudson Valley Renegades
- IronBirds Shut out in Opening Day Loss - Aberdeen IronBirds
- CT Tigers Open Season with Tough Loss - Connecticut Tigers
- Pitching Shines as Spinners Open Season with Win - Lowell Spinners
- Lake Monsters Drop Season Opener 9-3 At Tri-City Monday - Vermont Lake Monsters
- Spikes vs. Crosscutters - Game Notes - June 17, 2013 - State College Spikes
- CT Tigers Announce Opening Day Roster - Connecticut Tigers
- IronBirds Set For Opening Day - Aberdeen IronBirds
- Spikes Set to Open Season - State College Spikes
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.