Riders Acquire McElveen from Tiger CatsMay 23, 2013 - Canadian Football League (CFL) - Saskatchewan Roughriders Press Release
McElveen (6'4 - 265) will be entering his sixth CFL season as he joins the Riders for the 2013 season. The University of Alabama-Birmingham product spent the 2012 season with the Hamilton Tiger Cats where he appeared in 15 regular season games totaling 31 defensive tackles and led the team with six quarterback sacks.
Prior to joining Hamilton, the 28-year-old spent four seasons with the Montreal Alouettes. In 68 career CFL regular season games he has totaled 109 defensive tackles and 24 quarterback sacks.
McElveen is a two time Grey Cup champion having won with the Als in 2009 and 2010.
In exchange, the Riders sent import wide receiver Lyle Leong Jr. to Hamilton. The Abilene, Texas native was set to enter his first CFL season after signing with the Riders in January, 2013.
Canadian Football League Stories from May 23, 2013
- All Systems Go for Fanfest - Calgary Stampeders
- Blue Bombers Release Three - Winnipeg Blue Bombers
- Roughriders Release Pair - Saskatchewan Roughriders
- BC Lions and Coast Capital Savings Announce Multi-Year Partnership - B.C. Lions
- Argos Sign Former NFL First Round Pick WR Michael Williams - Toronto Argonauts
- Riders Acquire McElveen from Tiger Cats - Saskatchewan Roughriders
- Ticats Grab Receiver in Trade with Riders - Hamilton Tiger-Cats
- Trio Added to Training-Camp Roster - Calgary Stampeders
- Ticats Ink 2012 Draft Picks - Hamilton Tiger-Cats
- Tim Hortons' All-Star Game debuts this weekend - Montreal Alouettes
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.