FC Dallas to Celebrate Academy Day this Saturday, May 18May 16, 2013 - Major League Soccer (MLS) FC Dallas
The event will be held in conjunction with the Eighth Annual Frisco Shawnee Trail Shootout Tournament, which will draw nearly 200 teams to Frisco from Texas, Oklahoma, Louisiana, Kansas, Mississippi and New Mexico.
The marquee matchup on the FC Dallas Stadium field at 10 a.m. will feature the defending U.S. Soccer Under-18 Development Academy Champion, FC Dallas (16-4-4, 52 points) versus Real Colorado (12-9-3, 39 points). FC Dallas U-18s are currently in first place, seeking its fourth-straight U.S.S.D.A. Texas/Frontier Division title. The team is led by current FC Dallas Homegrown players, Jesse Gonzalez and Kellyn Acosta. Acosta, 17, is the youngest member of the U.S. U-20 National Team. He was featured in Thursday's edition of the Dallas Morning News.
Following the match, fans can meet Gonzalez and Acosta, as well as former FC Dallas Academy stars Jonathan Top and Victor Ulloa, all of whom are current FC Dallas first team players. The group will be signing autographs on the North Concourse.
The second match of the day, which will kick off on the stadium field at 12:30 p.m., will see FC Dallas' U-16s (18-4-2, 56 points) take on Real Colorado (10-7-7, 37 points). FC Dallas U-16s are also in first place, seeking its first division title since the 2010 season.
The first 100 people through the gates on Saturday will receive a free ticket to the Saturday, May 25 game against the San Jose Earthquakes. Admission to FC Dallas Academy Day is free with free parking available in the platinum lot on the west side of FC Dallas Stadium.
Major League Soccer Stories from May 16, 2013
- Jurgen Klinsmann Unveils USMNT Roster for World Cup Qualifiers and Friendlies - Los Angeles Galaxy
- FC Dallas to Celebrate Academy Day this Saturday, May 18 - FC Dallas
- Colorado Rapids Youth Soccer Club Announces Summer Camp Schedule - Colorado Rapids
- Whitecaps FC Recall Centre Back Carlyle Mitchell from FC Edmonton - Vancouver Whitecaps FC
- LA Galaxy Statements on the Retirement of David Beckham - Los Angeles Galaxy
- Jeb Brovsky Undergoes Nose Surgery - Montreal Impact
- 2013 Lamar Hunt U.S. Open Cup Third-Round Pairings Announced - Columbus Crew
- Chicago Fire Goalkeeper Sean Johnson Named to U.S. Squad for International Friendly Against Belgium - Chicago Fire
- Eddie Johnson Called into U.S. National Team for World Cup Qualifiers - Seattle Sounders FC
- D.C. United Goalkeeper Bill Hamid Called up to U.S. Men's National Team for Camp and a Friendly - D.C. United
- Real Salt Lake GK Nick Rimando Called up to U.S. National Team - Real Salt Lake
- Houston Dynamo Midfielder Brad Davis, Goalkeeper Tally Hall Named to U.S. Men's National Team Roster - Houston Dynamo
- Matt Besler and Graham Zusi Named to U.S. MNT Roster - Sporting Kansas City
- Revolution Waives Sainey Nyassi - New England Revolution
- Silvestre Undergoes Successful Knee Surgery - Portland Timbers
- Philadelphia Union to Begin 2013 Lamar Hunt U.S. Open Cup Campaign - Philadelphia Union
- Toronto FC Acquire Convey from Sporting KC - Toronto FC
- Forward Bobby Convey Traded to Toronto FC - Sporting Kansas City
- Warzycha Has Options to Replace Marshall against Toronto FC - Columbus Crew
- Landon Donovan Spectacular in Galaxy's Win over Philadelphia - Los Angeles Galaxy
- LA Galaxy Snap Losing Streak with Win over Philadelphia - Los Angeles Galaxy
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.