San Antonio Talons Sign QB Nate DavisApril 9, 2013 - Arena Football League (AFL) - San Antonio Talons
Dutton suffered an Achilles tendon injury on Friday night against the Chicago Rush. Talons backup quarterback Rohan Davey also suffered a foot injury in Friday's game. Davis is likely to play on Friday night against the Tampa Bay Storm.
"We are thrilled to have Nate Davis join the Talons," Head Coach Lee Johnson said. "His experience in the league, playing for Orlando last season, will be a huge asset to the team. I coached Davis' brother in Colorado so I am familiar with him and his family. He knows the game and with our current quarterbacks injured, this is a great opportunity for him."
Davis was a three-year starter at Ball State where in 2007 he set the team's all-time record for touchdown passes in a single season. He chose to leave at the end of his junior season after the San Francisco 49ers drafted him in the fifth round of the 2009 NFL Draft,. Davis also has experience in the Arena Football League with the Kansas City Command and Orlando Predators.
Arena Football League Stories from April 9, 2013
- Urrutia Wins Catch of the Week - Utah Blaze
- Dolezel Becomes Hall Of Famer With Class Of 2012 - Philadelphia Soul
- Storm Wide Receiver Joe Hills Honored by AFL - Tampa Bay Storm
- Hills, Everett and Goodman Earn Weekly Honors - AFL
- San Antonio Talons Sign QB Nate Davis - San Antonio Talons
- Storm to Host New Orleans on CBS Sports Network - Tampa Bay Storm
- Bye Week Breakdown - Utah Blaze
- Orlando Predators and Eco Construction & Maintenance Host Community Outreach Youth Football Camp - Orlando Predators
- Raul Vijil Re-Joins Shock for 2013 Season - Spokane Shock
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.