Heemskerk, Bulls Blanks Aces 1-0 to Even SeriesApril 7, 2013 - ECHL (ECHL) Alaska Aces
Saturday night featured another quick pace to the first period, with Alaska outshooting San Francisco 11-5. Heemskerk, settled in immediately after being pulled in Friday's game one and stopped everything he faced en route to the shutout. The Aces continued to outshoot San Francisco in the second period adding 16 more shots, however neither team found the back of the net. The game went scoreless into the third period.
Exactly five minutes into the third period, Falite broke the tie. After two straight Bulls shots were blocked, the puck deflected to the bottom of the right circle where Falite wristed a shot past Gerald Coleman. The goal was enough as Heemskerk added five third period saves to his resume for his - and the Bulls - first postseason victory.
Gerald Coleman (1-1) suffered the loss, making 17 saves on 18 shots. Thomas Heemskerk (1-1) earned the win, making 32 saves on 32 shots. The Aces went 0-7 on the power play, while the Bulls went 0-6. The Aces outshot the Bulls 32-18 in the game.
The series now shifts to the Cow Palace in San Francisco for three straight games on Thursday, Friday, and Saturday. If necessary, Game Six would be back at Sullivan Arena on Tuesday, April 16. For more information, please call the Aces at 907.258.ACES or visit them online at www.facebook.com/alaskaaceshockey.
ECHL Stories from April 7, 2013
- ECHL Transactions - April 7 - ECHL
- ECHL Today - April 7 - ECHL
- Heemskerk, Bulls Blanks Aces 1-0 to Even Series - Alaska Aces
- DÃÂ©jÃÂ vu in Game 2, Reed gives Thunder overtime win and 2-0 series lead - Stockton Thunder
- Wranglers Fall to Stockton in Game 2 Overtime, 3-2 - Las Vegas Wranglers
- SF Bulls Stun Aces with 1-0, Shutout Victory in Game 2 - San Francisco Bulls
- Ontario Wins 2nd Straight in Overtime to Capture Series - Utah Grizzlies
- Reign Sweep Grizzlies and Head to Second Round - Ontario Reign
- Beskorowany, Steelheads Edge Eagles, 1-0 - Idaho Steelheads
- 5-on-3 Goal Nips Eagles in 1-0, Game 3 Loss Colorado suffers first home shutout in 10 playoff season - Colorado Eagles
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.