Sounders FC Announces Free Admission to Veracruz MatchFebruary 18, 2013 - Major League Soccer (MLS) Seattle Sounders FC
"We have enjoyed our time at the Tucson Desert Diamond Cup," said Sounders FC Head Coach Sigi Schmid. "Tucson has been very supportive of what we have done here, so it's a great way to give back to the fans for their support."
Sounders FC will face Mexican second division side Veracruz on Friday at 6 p.m. PT (7 p.m. local) at North Field #5 at Kino Sports Complex in Tucson, Ariz. Tickets will be made available through FC Tucson's radio broadcast partners, ESPN Deportes (990 AM) and sister station La Caliente (102.1 FM), and at the FC Tucson box office at Kino Veterans Memorial Stadium between 11 a.m. and 3 p.m. daily starting Tuesday, February 19, while supplies last.
"Tucson SoccerFest has enjoyed tremendous support from the community," said FC Tucson managing member Greg Foster. "This is one small way to say 'Thank you.'"
Seattle opens its fifth MLS season on March 2 against the Montreal Impact. Kickoff is set for 7:30 p.m. PT on the Xbox Pitch at CenturyLink Field.
Major League Soccer Stories from February 18, 2013
- LA Galaxy Ready to Face Club Tijuana in Friendly - Los Angeles Galaxy
- Galaxy Pleased to Have Donovan Back in Late-March - Los Angeles Galaxy
- Sounders FC News & Notes - Seattle Sounders FC
- Sounders FC Announces Free Admission to Veracruz Match - Seattle Sounders FC
- Real Salt Lake Weekly Update - Real Salt Lake
- Weekly Update: Red Bulls Finish Preseason with Two Matches in Desert - New York Red Bulls
- Smith Makes His Case with Strong Showing against NY - New England Revolution
- Earthquakes Weekly Update - San Jose Earthquakes
- Chicago Fire Victorious in Carolina Challenge Cup Opener - Chicago Fire
- Ryan Johnson Hat Trick Paces Timbers in 3-3 Draw with Earthquakes - Portland Timbers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.