Peluso Makes NHL Debut with JetsFebruary 12, 2013 - Ontario Hockey League (OHL) Erie Otters
Peluso, the first round pick of the Otters in the 2005 OHL Priority Selection, suited up in 141 games for the Otters from 2005 to 2007. The 6-foot-4, 235-pound Peluso collected 15 goals and nine assists for 24 points in his Otters career. He also amassed 283 penalty minutes, including a team-leading 176 minutes in the penalty box during the 2006-2007 season.
A sixth round pick by the St. Louis Blues in the 2007 NHL Entry Draft, Peluso has played most of the last four seasons with the American Hockey League's Peoria Rivermen, St. Louis' top farm team. The Jets claimed Peluso off waivers from the Blues just before the start of the NHL season.
Other former Otters currently on NHL rosters include Brad Boyes (1998-2002, N.Y. Islanders), Carlo Colaiacovo (1999-2003, Detroit), Steve Montador (1997-1999, Chicago), Jordan Nolan (2005-2006, Los Angeles), Ryan O'Reilly (2007-2009, Colorado) and Mike Rupp (1997-2000, Minnesota).
Ontario Hockey League Stories from February 12, 2013
- Peluso Makes NHL Debut with Jets - Erie Otters
- Spitfires' Kerby Rychel Named CHL Player of the Week - OHL
- Pre-Game Notes February 13th, 2013 - Ottawa 67's
- Colts Host March Break Hockey Camp - Barrie Colts
- Cutting to Play Game Number 313 - Owen Sound Attack
- COLD-FX Night including Children's Foundation of Guelph fundraising on Friday - Guelph Storm
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.