B-Sens Host "Pucks 4 Paws" Night this FridayFebruary 12, 2013 - American Hockey League (AHL) Binghamton Senators
The first 250 fans through the doors will receive a Pucks 4 Paws Vuvuzela horn courtesy of Dickin Memorial Animal Hospital.
Fans are encouraged to visit the displays of the various local shelters and rescues on the main concourse of the arena. The Broome County Humane Society, Dickin Memorial Animal Hospital, Min Pin Rescue and Spring to Rescue Golden Retriever Rescue will be among the various organizations present that evening. Displays will include information on adoption and care of pets. Fans will also have the opportunity to meet cats and dogs that are available for adoption.
Fans are encouraged to visit the Pucks 4 Paws merchandise table as well. A very limited number of the 2013 Binghamton Senators Pucks 4 Paws calendars remain. The 16-month limited edition calendar features photos of B-Sens players, coaches and staff members with their family pets or pets from the area shelters. There are also Pucks 4 Paws baseball style t-shirts available for $15.
Dickin Memorial Animal Hospital is also raffling off a special Binghamton Senators pendant, designed exclusively for Pucks 4 Paws by CD Daniel & Co. Fine Jewelry. The pendant, valued at $1,500, is reversible. One side features a diamond paw print, while the other features the B-Sens logo accented by rubies and black diamonds. Raffle tickets are $10 and can be purchased at the Pucks 4 Paws merchandise table, or in advance of Friday's game at the B-Sens executive offices and Dickin Memorial Animal Hospital (716 Harry L Drive, Johnson City) during regular business hours. A winner will be drawn at random for the pendant at the conclusion of the second intermission this Friday.
All proceeds from the calendar, t-shirt and raffle sales will benefit the Animal Care Council, Broome County Humane Society, Front Street Dog Shelter, SPCA in Waverly and Project P.A.W.
In addition to the Pucks 4 Paws festivities, Friday features a pre-game performance by the band Voodoo Highway on the arena concourse, a New York State Lotto buy one, get one free coupon giveaway to the first 500 fans through the doors 18 years of age and older and a post-game jersey auction.
The B-Sens will be wearing their red third jerseys for that night's game against the Crunch featuring a commemorative Broome Sports Foundation patch. The jerseys will be auctioned off post-game to benefit the Broome Sports Foundation. The Broome Sports Foundation is a charitable arm of the Binghamton Senators. All money raised in the jersey auction will help fund the foundation's Tommy Mitchell Memorial Scholarship Fund which is awarded to graduating senior athletes throughout the Southern Tier to help them further their education.
Doors open at 6 p.m. Game time is set for 7:05 p.m. Tickets are $19 for side seating and $18 for end seating. Fans can purchase tickets through the B-Sens' executive office, Broome County Veterans Memorial Arena box office and all Ticketmaster outlets during normal business hours, by visiting www.ticketmaster.com, or by phone at 607-722-SENS (7367) and through Ticketmaster at 1-800-745-3000.
American Hockey League Stories from February 12, 2013
- Houston Steals 2-1 Shootout Victory from Texas - Texas Stars
- Admirals Burn Heat 2-1 - Milwaukee Admirals
- Bulldogs Edge Marlies 3-2 - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Hamilton Defeats Toronto 3-2 - Toronto Marlies
- Persson Lifts Sound Tigers over Falcons in Overtime - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Monarchs Fight on Despite Shootout Loss - Manchester Monarchs
- B-Sens Sink Pens, 5-1 - Binghamton Senators
- Late Charge Lands Falcons Point In Overtime Defeat - Springfield Falcons
- Bruins Dethrone Monarchs 5-4 - Providence Bruins
- Penguins Beaten Back by Senators - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Columbus Blue Jackets Relieve Scott Howson of Duties as Executive Vice President and General Manager - Springfield Falcons
- SJ Sharks Recall C Tim Kennedy from Worcester - Worcester Sharks
- Griffins Aim to Get Back on Track with Two Home Games this Week - Grand Rapids Griffins
- AHL Weekly - AHL
- Amerks Hall of Fame Induction Set for this Friday - Rochester Americans
- Frederik Andersen & Sacha Guimond Rejoin Admirals - Norfolk Admirals
- Oilers Assign Roy And Davidson To Stockton - Oklahoma City Barons
- Chris Vandevelde Recalled by Edmonton; Darcy Hordichuk Assigned - Oklahoma City Barons
- Wolves Hosting Kevin Cheveldayoff Night on February 16 - Chicago Wolves
- Zolnierczyk Recalled by Flyers - Adirondack Phantoms
- Wild Recall Kuemper, Scandella Assigned To Houston - Houston Aeros
- Unable to Overcome Early Rochester Lead, Monsters Fall 4-1 - Lake Erie Monsters
- Penguins Weekly - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Holden Assigned To Falcons - Springfield Falcons
- The Rock Report: IceCaps Can't Carry Momentum to Finish Home Stand - St. John's IceCaps
- Toronto Marlies to Host Open Practice - Toronto Marlies
- \Flames Recall Centre Paul Byron - Abbotsford Heat
- Varone's Career Day Leads Amerks to 4-1 Win over Monsters - Rochester Americans
- Wolves Reassign Blain to Idaho - Chicago Wolves
- B-Sens Host "Pucks 4 Paws" Night this Friday - Binghamton Senators
- Jake Allen Recalled by Blues - Peoria Rivermen
- February 12 Tuesday Preview vs Milwaukee - Abbotsford Heat
- Falcons Game Preview: Springfield At Bridgeport, Game #46 - Springfield Falcons
- MacLellan Assigned to Cincinnati - Milwaukee Admirals
- Stars Weekly (Week 19) - Texas Beats Toronto, Holds on to AHL's Top Spot - Texas Stars
- Texas Signs Bretton Cameron to PTO - Texas Stars
- IceCaps Sign Lunden to PTO - St. John's IceCaps
- Bears Recall Forward Matt Pope from Reading - Hershey Bears
- Don'T Miss Pink in the Rink Tonight - Manchester Monarchs
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.