Rock Continue Winning Ways Away from HomeJanuary 26, 2013 - National Lacrosse League (NLL) - Toronto Rock Press Release
The Knighthawks jumped out of the gate in a hurry scoring twice including one on the powerplay. Once the Rock offence got rolling, they couldn't be stopped in the opening 15 minutes producing five goals from five different goal scorers to lead 5-2.
Toronto's five-goal run was broken up by a Rochester three-goal run that tied the score 5-5. Two of those three goals came shorthanded. Toronto and Rochester traded goals back and forth and were again deadlocked 6-6 going into the break at the half.
Both Nick Rose in the Toronto net and Matt Vinc at the other end for Rochester silenced the offensive production for the better part of the third. Kasey Beirnes connected for the only goal of the quarter giving Toronto a 7-6 lead after three quarters on play.
The Rock increased their lead to 8-6 early on when Garrett Billings connected for a powerplay goal. Rochester answered to draw back to within one but Josh Sanderson scored a pair of goals just 25 seconds apart to put the Rock up 10-7. Cam Woods sunk an uncontested shot into the Rochester empty net to round out the scoring.
Billings again carried the load offensively for Toronto with 2 goals and 4 assists for a 6-point evening. Beirnes and Sanderson each finished with 2 goals and 2 assists. Nick Rose made 41 saves to win his fourth game of the season.
The Rock will play the second of three consecutive road games next Saturday night when the team travels to Buffalo to face the Bandits for the first time this season. Toronto will travel to Minnesota on Friday, February 8th prior to returning home on Friday, February 15th to face the Calgary Roughnecks at Air Canada Centre. That night, the first 5,000 fans in attendance will receive a Colin Doyle bobblehead courtesy of Bachly Construction. For the best ticket in town, please call 416-596-3075 or visit www.torontorock.com.
National Lacrosse League Stories from January 26, 2013
- Stealth Fall Short to Minnesota on Road, Maintain Lead in NLL West - Washington Stealth
- Minnesota Swarm Expose Steatlh, Win Home Opener 15-14 - Minnesota Swarm
- Knighthawks Fall Late To Rock - Rochester Knighthawks
- Philadelphia Wings Drop First Game of Season, 14-13 - Philadelphia Wings
- Rock Continue Winning Ways Away from Home - Toronto Rock
- Knighthawks Will Try To Turn Fortunes Around Tonight - Rochester Knighthawks
- Third NLL win puts Stealth "back in groove" with defeat of Edmonton - Washington Stealth
- Mammoth Falls to Roughnecks on Home Turf - Colorado Mammoth
- Roughnecks Defeat Mammoth 19-12 - Calgary Roughnecks
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.