Oshawa Generals Support Heart & Stroke Foundation with "Pucks 4 Heart"January 24, 2013 - Ontario Hockey League (OHL) - Oshawa Generals Press Release
Former Oshawa General Brett MacLean will be dropping the puck on this special night.
"It means a lot to be a part of a special night like this especially in Oshawa with the Generals and their fans because I spent two and a half of the best years of my life here," commented Brett MacLean. "My time here not only shaped me into the hockey player I became but also the person I am today."
Brett played for the Generals from 2005 to 2008, appearing in 164 games and totaling 121 goals and 257 points in that time. He played in the American Hockey League and National Hockey League before his career was tragically cut short when he experienced a cardiac emergency. Brett now actively campaigns with the Heart and Stroke Foundation for CPR awareness.
"It means a lot to me to be raising awareness for CPR and AEDs [Automated External Defibrillators] because I am living proof that if an AED is available and people know how to do proper CPR, it can help save a life," said MacLean. "It's important to get my message out because the more aware our society is the more people we will be able to save."
The team will be wearing commemorative jerseys, the design of which was decided by fans in an online vote. The winning design will be unveiled at the event on February 10th and auctioned off online after the game. The Generals will be donating all proceeds from the jersey auction to the Heart & Stroke Foundation.
As an organization, the Oshawa Generals will be donating one dollar from every ticket sold to support the cause. In addition, special "Puck 4 Heart" t-shirts will be on sale for ten dollars with proceeds going to Heart & Stroke. There will also be a Pucks 4 Heart puck toss with opportunities to win great prizes.
Local corporate sponsors Reed's Florists and Meineke will also be showing their support of the night. Reed`s will be in attendance selling flowers on the concourse with a portion of proceeds going to Heart & Stroke. During the entire month of February, Meineke on King Street in Oshawa will be donating one dollar from every preferred oil change to the Heart & Stroke Foundation in support of the event.
The Generals are offering a special ticket promotion in support of the event. HEART PACKS allow groups to take in the event and support the cause.
Heart Pack Includes:
1. 20 Tickets for the game
2. Name/ Logo on Splash Page one (1) week leading up to game date
3. Name/ Logo recognition on Game Day Line up insert
4. Name/ Logo on Centre Ice Video Score Clock during the game
5. Name/ Logo recognition on post-game press release under supporters
6. Ability to donate all or portion of your tickets to
Heart & Stroke for distribution to volunteers and survivors
Price: $305.00 (Tax Included)
$50.00 donated directly to the Heart & Stroke Foundation
To order your Heart Pack today please contact:
Chris Van Dusen
905-433-0900 ext. 2238 - Office
905-431-3636 - Cell
Ontario Hockey League Stories from January 24, 2013
- Five-Goal Second Leads Whalers To 8-2 Romp Over Spits - Windsor Spitfires
- IceDogs Lose Heartbreaker 2-1 to Barrie in OT - Niagara IceDogs
- Oshawa Generals Support Heart & Stroke Foundation with "Pucks 4 Heart" - Oshawa Generals
- Kingston Frontenacs Fast Facts for January 24 - Kingston Frontenacs
- IceDogs Pink in the Rink Game Coming Saturday - Niagara IceDogs
- Tolchinsky nets overtime winner in Sudbury - Soo Greyhounds
- Steelheads Riley Brace Sets Franchise Mark - Mississauga Steelheads
- Tolchinky nets overtime winner in Sudbury - Soo Greyhounds
- Bulls Defeat Generals in Belleville - Oshawa Generals
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.