Devils Downed by FalconsJanuary 23, 2013 - American Hockey League (AHL) - Albany Devils Press Release
Mike Sislo scored shorthanded, Joe Whitney chipped in a goal and Bobby Butler added an assist. In goal, Jeff Frazee made 29 saves on 33 shots.
For Springfield, Michael Chaput had a goal and two assists and Tomas Kubalik registered a goal and a helper. Cody Goloubef and Scott Howes also scored. In goal, Allen York made 25 saves on 27 attempts.
The Falcons jumped out to a two-goal lead thanks to goals from Goloubef at 8:45 of the first and Chaput at 4:39 of the second.
Sislo answered for the Devils with the team's fifth shorthanded tally of the season. On an odd-man rush, he made a drag move around a Springfield defender and fired a wrist shot into the upper-left corner at 5:30. The goal was Sislo's second of the year, giving him five points in the last six games (1g-4a).
Before the end of the period, Springfield reclaimed its two goal lead with Howes' tally at 14:27. In the third, Kubalik made it 4-1 at 1:34.
The Devils were brought back within two when Butler forced a turnover deep in the offensive zone and found Whitney who buried his shot from in close. With the goal, Whitney has now registered a point in five of his last six games (4g-2a). Butler improved his team-leading point total to 24.
Next up, the Devils travel to the Adirondack Phantoms Friday for the seventh installment of the Time Warner Cable Cup. Puck drop is at 7 pm and fans can listen on 104.5 "The Team" ESPN Radio or online at ahllive.com.
American Hockey League Stories from January 23, 2013
- Knuble Makes Griffins Debut in 5-4 Shootout Win - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Comeback in Connecticut - Adirondack Phantoms
- Monarchs Stay Hot in Cold Weather - Manchester Monarchs
- Falcons Extend Winning Streak To Six, Dispatch Devils - Springfield Falcons
- Whale Return Home with Overtime Victory - Connecticut Whale
- Strong Defense, Spread-Out Attack and Special Teams Lead Admirals to Victory Over Charlotte - Norfolk Admirals
- Aeros Pick Up Road Win In Milwaukee, Sink Admirals 3-2 - Houston Aeros
- Penguins Win Fifth Straight With Shutout of IceCaps - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Devils Downed by Falcons - Albany Devils
- Checkers Suffer First Loss to Norfolk - Charlotte Checkers
- Penguins shut out IceCaps - St. John's IceCaps
- Bruins Fall to Monarchs - Providence Bruins
- Flames Assign Roman Horak to Abbotsford - Abbotsford Heat
- Simpson Reassigned To Toledo - Rockford IceHogs
- Toronto Marlies Weekly - Toronto Marlies
- Jamie Tardif Added to All-Star Roster - Providence Bruins
- Frattin Added To All-Star Roster - Toronto Marlies
- Dumont Added to AHL All-Star Classic - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Meech added to AHL All-Star roster - St. John's IceCaps
- Brad Hunt Replaces Brett Sterling on AHL All-Star Team - Chicago Wolves
- Crunch defenseman Radko Gudas added to 2013 Dunkin' Donuts AHL All-Star Classic roster - Syracuse Crunch
- Emerson Etem Named to AHL Star Squad - Norfolk Admirals
- Roster changes announced for 2013 Dunkin' Donuts AHL All-Star Classic - AHL
- Griffins Sign Spady to Tryout - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Albany Devils Weekly - Albany Devils
- Tom Kostopoulos Signs PTO with Penguins - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Canadiens Assign Blunden To Bulldogs - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Jake Allen Schools Wolves 2-0 - Peoria Rivermen
- Wolves wrap up first half on wrong side of whitewash - Chicago Wolves
- Hogs Raise $22,875 For Breast Cancer Research - Rockford IceHogs
- B-Sens Present Star Wars Night, Dollars For Scholars And More This Saturday - Binghamton Senators
- AHL Weekly - AHL
- Bulldogs Release Mike Commodore from PTO - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Falcons Game Preview: Springfield At Albany, Game #40 - Springfield Falcons
- Couture Returning To Ontario Reign - Houston Aeros
- Danton Assigned to IceMen - Springfield Falcons
- Penguins Sign Mark Eaton to PTO - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Phantoms Weekly - 2nd Half Begins - Adirondack Phantoms
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.