Penguins Sign Mark Eaton to PTOJanuary 23, 2013 - American Hockey League (AHL) Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
Eaton, 35, spent the last two seasons with the New York Islanders, where he posted one goal, six assists and 18 penalty minutes in 96 games.
The fifteen-year pro skated four seasons with the Pittsburgh Penguins from 2006-2010 after being signed as a free agent on July, 3, 2006. Eaton compiled 31 points (7G-24A) over 218 games for Pittsburgh. He notched four goals and three assists in the 24 playoffs contests as the Penguins claimed the 2009 Stanley Cup.
A native of Wilmington, Delaware, Eaton played one year of collegiate hockey at Notre Dame and earned CCHA Rookie of the Year honors after registering 12 goals and 17 assists in 41 games.
Eaton began his pro career in the American Hockey League with the Philadelphia Phantoms in 1998-99. He has gone on to appear in 627 NHL games with Philadelphia, Nashville, Pittsburgh and the New York Islanders, while totaling 24 goals, 61 assists and 238 penalty minutes.
The Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins face the St. John's IceCaps tonight at 7:05PM at Mohegan Sun Arena at Casey Plaza.
Individual seats for all Penguins' home games are available at the Mohegan Sun Arena box office, online at www.ticketmaster.com, and by calling 800-745-3000.
Wilkes-Barre/Scranton season ticket packages, including 12-game and Flexbook plans, are available by contacting the Penguins directly at 570-208-7367.
American Hockey League Stories from January 23, 2013
- Knuble Makes Griffins Debut in 5-4 Shootout Win - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Comeback in Connecticut - Adirondack Phantoms
- Monarchs Stay Hot in Cold Weather - Manchester Monarchs
- Falcons Extend Winning Streak To Six, Dispatch Devils - Springfield Falcons
- Whale Return Home with Overtime Victory - Connecticut Whale
- Strong Defense, Spread-Out Attack and Special Teams Lead Admirals to Victory Over Charlotte - Norfolk Admirals
- Aeros Pick Up Road Win In Milwaukee, Sink Admirals 3-2 - Houston Aeros
- Penguins Win Fifth Straight With Shutout of IceCaps - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Devils Downed by Falcons - Albany Devils
- Checkers Suffer First Loss to Norfolk - Charlotte Checkers
- Penguins shut out IceCaps - St. John's IceCaps
- Bruins Fall to Monarchs - Providence Bruins
- Flames Assign Roman Horak to Abbotsford - Abbotsford Heat
- Simpson Reassigned To Toledo - Rockford IceHogs
- Toronto Marlies Weekly - Toronto Marlies
- Jamie Tardif Added to All-Star Roster - Providence Bruins
- Frattin Added To All-Star Roster - Toronto Marlies
- Dumont Added to AHL All-Star Classic - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Meech added to AHL All-Star roster - St. John's IceCaps
- Brad Hunt Replaces Brett Sterling on AHL All-Star Team - Chicago Wolves
- Crunch defenseman Radko Gudas added to 2013 Dunkin' Donuts AHL All-Star Classic roster - Syracuse Crunch
- Emerson Etem Named to AHL Star Squad - Norfolk Admirals
- Roster changes announced for 2013 Dunkin' Donuts AHL All-Star Classic - AHL
- Griffins Sign Spady to Tryout - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Albany Devils Weekly - Albany Devils
- Tom Kostopoulos Signs PTO with Penguins - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Canadiens Assign Blunden To Bulldogs - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Jake Allen Schools Wolves 2-0 - Peoria Rivermen
- Wolves wrap up first half on wrong side of whitewash - Chicago Wolves
- Hogs Raise $22,875 For Breast Cancer Research - Rockford IceHogs
- B-Sens Present Star Wars Night, Dollars For Scholars And More This Saturday - Binghamton Senators
- AHL Weekly - AHL
- Bulldogs Release Mike Commodore from PTO - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Falcons Game Preview: Springfield At Albany, Game #40 - Springfield Falcons
- Couture Returning To Ontario Reign - Houston Aeros
- Danton Assigned to IceMen - Springfield Falcons
- Penguins Sign Mark Eaton to PTO - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Phantoms Weekly - 2nd Half Begins - Adirondack Phantoms
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.