RedHawks Re-Sign Opsahl, Add LevittJanuary 21, 2013 - American Association (AA) - Fargo-Moorhead RedHawks
Opsahl, 22, joined the RedHawks in August last year and was 1-0 with a 1.86 ERA in eight games (one start). He pitched 19.1 innings and allowed five runs (four earned) on 16 hits. Opsahl recorded 11 strikeouts and walked five batters. Opsahl is a native of Twin Valley, MN and played college baseball at Dakota Wesleyan (SD) University.
Levitt, 23, joins the RedHawks after spending the past two seasons in the Chicago Cubs organization. In 2012, he split time between the Peoria Chiefs of the Midwest League (A) and the Boise Hawks of the Northwest League (Low-A). Levitt was 0-1 with a 1.99 ERA in 14 games with Peoria and 1-2 with an 8.04 ERA in ten games with Boise.
Levitt was selected by the Cubs in the 32nd round of the 2011 draft out of Mount Olive (NC) College. In his two-year career, he is 2-4 with a 4.62 ERA and three saves in 44 games.
American Association Stories from January 21, 2013
- RedHawks Re-Sign Opsahl, Add Levitt - Fargo-Moorhead RedHawks
- Weekly Sports League and Franchise Report - OSC Original by Dan Krieger
- T-Bones Re-Sign KC Area Pitcher Irvine - Kansas City T-Bones
- Mike Conroy Announces Retirement - Wichita Wingnuts
- Double Barrel Action as Saints Add a Righty and Lefty to Pitching Staff - St. Paul Saints
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.