Wins Keep ComingJanuary 6, 2013 - American Hockey League (AHL) - Albany Devils
Tim Sestito posted a goal and an assist and Eric Gelinas, Adam Larsson, Mattias Tedenby and Steve Zalewski each scored. In goal, Keith Kinkaid made 22 saves on 24 shots. He has now won eight of his last 10 contests.
Binghamton received goals from Patrick Wiercioch and Shane Prince. Between the pipes, Robin Lehner made 36 saves on 40 shots. The Senators came into the contest winners of their last five games, boasting a record of 8-1-0-1 in their last 10. They are now 21-8-1-2 overall.
Gelinas got the Devils on the board early with a blast from the point on the power play at 2:34 of the first. Sestito doubled Albany's lead before the end of the first with his second goal of the weekend, banking a loose puck off a Binghamton defender at 15:11.
Wiercioch cut the Devils lead to one with a power-play tally at 5:53 of the second, beating Kinkaid with a shot from the right circle. Then Prince pulled the Senators even at 8:38 with a wrist shot from left circle.
In the third, Albany grabbed the last lead it would need at 11:11 on a tic-tac-toe play, which included four of the five skaters on the ice. Larsson was atop of the crease to finish the play, which featured assists from Harri Pesonen and Sestito.
The Devils struck again at 16:11 of the third when Gionta fed a streaking Tedenby to beat Lehner top corner. McKelvie was credited with the second assist on the goal giving him his fourth assist of the weekend.
Steve Zalewski added an empty-net goal at 17:58 of the third to seal the 5-2 win.
The Devils hit the road for a 7 pm contest at the Manchester Monarch Friday before returning home for a 5 pm outing against the Worcester Sharks Saturday. All children 12-and-under will receive free admission with an accompanying adult as part of "GE Kids-In-Free" Night.
American Hockey League Stories from January 6, 2013
- Texas Topples Houston 4-3 in OT - Texas Stars
- Sharks Win a Greasy 2-1 Game in Hershey - Worcester Sharks
- Griffins Finish Three-In-Three with Nine-Round Shootout Loss - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Rampage Earn Fourth-Straight Home Win, Defeat Peoria, 5-2 - San Antonio Rampage
- Aeros Fall to Stars 4-3 in Overtime - Houston Aeros
- Hensick Earns 300th Point in Loss - Peoria Rivermen
- Sharks Hang on to Defeat Bears - Hershey Bears
- Wolves Break Away for 6-3 Win over Barons - Chicago Wolves
- Wins Keep Coming - Albany Devils
- Missiaen Blanks Pens - Connecticut Whale
- McElhinney, Audy-Marchessault Pace Falcons to Win - Springfield Falcons
- Devils Topple B-Sens, 5-2 - Binghamton Senators
- P-Bruins Fall to Falcons - Providence Bruins
- Missiaen and Whale Hand Penguins Shutout Loss - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Checkers Earn Win in First Trip to Raleigh - Charlotte Checkers
- Admirals Fall to Checkers in Raleigh - Norfolk Admirals
- Road Hogs Bus to Milwaukee - Rockford IceHogs
- Houston Recalls Caron, Signs Defenseman Ludwig - Houston Aeros
- Falcons Game Preview: Springfield At Providence, Game #33 - Springfield Falcons
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.