Sundogs Win Third Straight Game Against BlazeJanuary 4, 2013 - Central Hockey League (CHL) - Arizona Sundogs Press Release
The Sundogs came out of the gate tonight on fire recording three goals in the first 20 minutes. Jake Hauswirth found the net 2:27 into the first period getting the puck past Bloomington netminder Dan Dunn. Jason Morgan continued Arizona's momentum 1:09 later when the horn sounded with a shot to the left of Dunn. A flurry of penalties were called against both teams setting Derek LeBlanc up for his power play goal, extending Arizona's lead, 3-0 heading into the first intermission. A total of eight penalties were called in the opening frame with Arizona picking up three of those penalties.
Arizona scored the only goal of the second period with a shot from Jeff Kyrzakos with assists from Matt Tassone and Chad Nehring. Bloomington out shot Arizona three fold in the second period 15-5.
Blaze began the final period on the power play and had a two-man advantage for 27 seconds. At the end of the second period Chad Langlais was called for holding. Blaze scored their only two goals of the evening in the third period. 21 seconds into the period and Jon Booras came in with a wrister and with 53 seconds left in regulation Tyler Gron cut the Blaze's deficit in half. Bloomington outshot Arizona tonight 41-18 and Sundogs' Adam Russo took the win with 39 saves. Arizona was 1-5 on the power play while Bloomington was 2-7. 14 penalties were called between both teams and 34 penalty minutes were served tonight.
Morgan and Chad Nehring continued their point streak tonight extending their streak to seven games and Hauswirth registered his 100th professional point of his career. Both teams are back at it again tomorrow night at the US Cellular Coliseum where they will meet for their fifth and final time this season.
Central Hockey League Stories from January 4, 2013
- Americans Win Big over the Oilers 6-2 - Allen Americans
- Mallards Rally Past Denver 5-3 - Quad City Mallards
- Cutthroats Fall to Mallards in 5-3 Final - Denver Cutthroats
- Brahmas Hold on for 1-0 Win over Rush - Fort Worth Brahmas
- Thunder Stymied by Mavericks, Clemente - Wichita Thunder
- Oilers Begin New Year with 6-2 Loss to Americans - Tulsa Oilers
- Sundogs Win Third Straight Game Against Blaze - Arizona Sundogs
- Blaze Drop Third Straight to Sundogs - Bloomington Blaze
- Allen Americans Stay #1 on Sher-Wood Coaches Poll - CHL
- Another Texas/Oklahoma Battle Tonight in Allen - Allen Americans
- Denver's Kent Patterson Wins Pair of Monthly Honors - CHL
- Shots from the Point for January 4, 2013 - CHL
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.