Three Gamblers Selected to the USHL/NHL Top Prospects GameJanuary 2, 2013 - United States Hockey League (USHL) - Green Bay Gamblers
Committed to the University of Michigan, Kile had a tremendous rookie campaign with the Gamblers netting 17 goals and 17 assists during the regular season. Kile turned heads and earned a trip to the USHL Top Prospects game last season where Kile did not disappoint. The Troy, Michigan native netted a pair of goals in the contest for the Eastern Conference. Kile also played a pivotal role in the Gamblers securing the team's fourth Clark Cup Championship this past season, tallying four goals and three assists in the playoffs. Prior to the Gamblers, Kile played for the Honeybaked Midget Major program. Kile, along with Gambler teammate Nicholas Schilkey, led Honeybaked to the Michigan Amateur Hockey Association State Championship. With Honeybaked, Kile compiled a statistical line of 21 goals and 28 assists in 40 games. Currently Kile ranks second on the team in scoring this season with 26 points (15 goals and 11 assists).
Gross scored two goals with a plus eight plus/minus rating in six games last season with the Gamblers. The Maple Grove, Minnesota native spent the majority of the 2011-12 campaign with Maple Grove High School. Gross tallied 47 points (17 goals, 30 assists) in 30 games helping lead the school to their first State Tournament. Gross is committed to Notre Dame and will join the Fighting Irish after his time with the Gamblers. With the Gamblers this season, Gross has scored 2 goals and12 assists with a plus 1 plus/minus rating.
Olofsson came to the Gamblers via the Colorado Thunderbirds program of the Tier 1 Elite Hockey League. The Colorado College recruit appeared in 38 games with the Thunderbirds scoring 30 points (2 goals and 25 assists). Olofsson is a native of Boras, Sweden but moved to Colorado three years ago with his family and adapted to North American style hockey quickly. Olofsson garnered attention and was selected by the Gamblers in the 2011 USHL Entry Draft.
It is the second season for the event which will showcase many of the top players in the USHL who are eligible for the 2013 NHL Draft. A total of 27 players selected are in their first year of eligibility for the NHL Draft. The selection process was completed in cooperation with USHL General Managers, NHL scouts and team personnel, and NHL Central Scouting.
United States Hockey League Stories from January 2, 2013
- Phantoms Center Austin Cangelosi Named to Roster for USHL/NHL Top Prospects Game - Youngstown Phantoms
- Three Gamblers Selected to the USHL/NHL Top Prospects Game - Green Bay Gamblers
- U.S. National Under-17 Team Upends Slovakia, 7-2, at 2013 World Under-17 Challenge - U.S. National Team
- Four Saints Named to USHL/NHL Top Prospects Game - Dubuque Fighting Saints
- Four Storm Players Selected for USHL Prospects Game - Tri-City Storm
- Five Hawks on Prospect Game Roster - Waterloo Black Hawks
- Stampede's Lindgren Named to USHL/NHL Prospects Game - Sioux Falls Stampede
- Roster Selected for USHL/NHL Top Prospects Game - USHL
- Stampede Acquire Swedish Defenseman Bjorkung - Sioux Falls Stampede
- Joe Cox Wins USHL Co-Forward of the Week - Muskegon Lumberjacks
- Omaha Lancers News & Notes - Week 15 - Omaha Lancers
- Waterloo Black Hawks Weekly Preview - Waterloo Black Hawks
- Novak Named CCM USHL Forward of the Week - Green Bay Gamblers
- U.S. National Jr. Team Advances to Semifinals with 7-0 Win over Czech Republic - U.S. National Team
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.