Falcons Assign Defenseman Cullity To SteelheadsDecember 4, 2012 - American Hockey League (AHL) Springfield Falcons
Cullity skated in two games this past weekend with the Falcons, collecting four penalty minutes after being signed by Springfield to an AHL contract on Nov. 23. He began the season with the Steelheads, accumulating five points (2g-3a) to go along with a +3 rating in 16 games.
A third-year pro, Cullity skated the majority of the 2011-2012 campaign with the Falcons, posting his first-ever AHL goal and adding eight assists for nine points while checking in at +1 in 44 contests. Cullity also participated in five games with the Abbotsford Heat and in 20 outings with the ECHL's Utah Grizzlies last year, notching one assist each with the two clubs.
In his rookie season of 2010-2011, Cullity saw action in 71 of 72 games with the ECHL's South Carolina Stingrays, scoring two goals and adding 15 assists for 17 points, tying for second among the club's defensemen in scoring, and sharing the team lead at +14.
Cullity commenced his professional career with Syracuse at the end of the 2009-2010 campaign, playing in five games with the Crunch.
A native of Tewksbury, Mass., Cullity skated four seasons collegiately at the University of Vermont (NCAA, D-I) from 2006 to 2010. With the Catamounts, Cullity posted two goals and 23 assists for 25 points while totaling 252 penalty minutes in 145 career games. Cullity served as an alternate captain for Vermont in his senior campaign of 2009-2010.
The Falcons, tied for first place in the Eastern Conference, continue their four-game road stretch this weekend, playing two games in Newfoundland against the St. John's IceCaps on Friday and Saturday at 6:00 p.m (ET).
Springfield returns home to host St. John's on Saturday, Dec. 15 at 7:30 p.m.
Single-game tickets to see the Falcons in 2012-2013 can be purchased at the MassMutual Center Box Office from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday through Friday, 10 a.m. through game time on Saturday home dates, and starting four hours prior to Sunday home contests. Fans can also purchase tickets by logging onto Ticketmaster.com. For information about discounted group packages to Falcons home games, call (413) 739-GOAL (4625).
American Hockey League Stories from December 4, 2012
- Paradis Reassigned to Toledo - Rockford IceHogs
- Falcons Assign Defenseman Cullity To Steelheads - Springfield Falcons
- Griffins Aim to Reclaim First in Busy Week - Grand Rapids Griffins
- AHL Weekly - AHL
- Konan Reassigned to Adirondack - Adirondack Phantoms
- Monarchs Sign Mannino - Manchester Monarchs
- Albany Devils Weekly - Albany Devils
- Admirals Look to Carry Momentum into D.C., Binghamton - Norfolk Admirals
- Former Crunch Captain Zenon Konopka Returns to Syracuse - Syracuse Crunch
- Admrials Featured in Sports Illustarted/Weekly Notes - Milwaukee Admirals
- DiSalvatore, Potulny Named Alternate Captains - Hershey Bears
- Hamilton Bulldogs Reassign Alain Berger and Joe Stejskal - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Penguins Sign Farnham to AHL Contract - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Mallet Sent to Kalamazoo - Chicago Wolves
- Hamilton Bulldogs Teaming up with Hamilton Police for Ride Ticket Program - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Winnipeg Jets Jacob Trouba Invited to Team USA World Junior Championship Selection Camp - St. John's IceCaps
- Barons to Paint Habitat for Humanity on December 6 - Oklahoma City Barons
- Shop For Falcons Gear At Tower Square - Springfield Falcons
- Penguins Weekly - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.